The mkiv Supra Owners Club

slicks/semi slicks

L33

Well I need a honest answer really mate as I've never done this before...I'm hopefully entering a local drag compo at the end of november so only need sumit on the back, my r888s r low on tread and don't wana fork out for new ones and rather buy sumit else to smoke up! Would yours be suitable for drag?! I don't really know what I'm looking for, just heard slicks for drag...I have uk brakes all round.

I have a pair of 265/35/18's coming off my car on Thursday.

They are 1 x Pirelli P Zero and 1 x Continental Conti Sport Contact. Both close to legal limit tread wise.

You can have them for free if you want to pay the postage/collect.

H.

As always mate I'm on low budget and can't afford to buy some et streets for the one event! I can't imagin the competition will be huge so I'm not taking it that seriously but wana and be close to the top while having fun until the cursed car dies a death :p I'm going to sort a trailor to save the cost of tax and insuring it just for the one day!

When you say no good...in comparison to r888s how good r those slicks? I paid 440 for the pair of r888s back in the day so don't wana buy some again just to shred mine up for the one day hense why I'm looking for a cheaper option really!

Well I need a honest answer really mate as I've never done this before...I'm hopefully entering a local drag compo at the end of november so only need sumit on the back, my r888s r low on tread and don't wana fork out for new ones and rather buy sumit else to smoke up! Would yours be suitable for drag?! I don't really know what I'm looking for, just heard slicks for drag...I have uk brakes all round.

As always mate I'm on low budget and can't afford to buy some et streets for the one event! I can't imagin the competition will be huge so I'm not taking it that seriously but wana and be close to the top while having fun until the cursed car dies a death :p I'm going to sort a trailor to save the cost of tax and insuring it just for the one day!

When you say no good...in comparison to r888s how good r those slicks? I paid 440 for the pair of r888s back in the day so don't wana buy some again just to shred mine up for the one day hense why I'm looking for a cheaper option really!

Can you please stop using 'txt' speak.

No more warnings for anybody now.

L33 Track slicks are no good like JP says, they need a good few laps tp get them sticky and your not going to get them hot enough to be sticky, i do have 2 285 35 18 R888's coming off my car monday as they are below the limits, they would be ideal for what you want.

£30 posted the 2.

Was only a couple words if that which were txt talk, being a little harsh there IMO

Ok ditch the slick idea I didn't relise there was a difference between race and drga so thanks for saving me there! The r888s sound better and I already have some on mine :) but would 285 fit? Currently run 265! Again I no nothing about how tyres fit ect! Until I know consider them sold though :)

Was only a couple words if that which were txt talk, being a little harsh there IMO

Ok ditch the slick idea I didn't relise there was a difference between race and drga so thanks for saving me there! The r888s sound better and I already have some on mine :) but would 285 fit? Currently run 265! Again I no nothing about how tyres fit ect! Until I know consider them sold though :)

I thought the txt speach was harsh also, but hey they have to express there authority lol.

PM me your address details and just to make sure when you actually need them by.

Sorry but I am getting bored of asking people nicely not to use it.

I know they are not used in this thread but while on the subject, can we also outlaw the use of "Tubbie" and "Zorst". :rolleyes:

I am guilty of using the word "zorst" once in 18,000 posts. What is the problem?:rolleyes:

I hate text speak but to criticise a bit of "play with words" is a bit much surely..!!

H.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.