The mkiv Supra Owners Club

French France and its striking population

Gaz6002

The French often strike just because the sake of it. I bet most of them don't even know why they are doing it. It is a tradtion and every generation wants a part of it.

You brits should be happy Thatcher annihilated the unions in the 80's - they are like cancer, only worse.

The French government needs to get on top of this asap, otherwise we might see the Wehrmac.....Bundeswehr on French soil again.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if a British member had of posted that.

"dont mention the war, I mentioned it once but think I got away with it"

I was working in Paris last Thursday during the strike and it seemed like business as usual to me. I had a meeting with a guy from France Telecom and he tried to get out of it on the grounds of the strike, but he did turn up. I got the impression he was hoping for quiet day because of the strike!

The British press are hyping this up to the point you'd think it was 1968 again. I have seen no shortage of fuel (100€ in the Supra today), no burning tyres, no demos, no riots... It's only in the odd big city and of course Paris. The Daily Telegraph published a picture of a "queue at a petrol station" which was probably taken a year ago, if not I'd like to know where I can get petrol at that price. The queue was actually for a slip road. Yes there are train strikes, but there are always train strikes...

The British press are hyping this up to the point you'd think it was 1968 again. I have seen no shortage of fuel (100€ in the Supra today), no burning tyres, no demos, no riots... It's only in the odd big city and of course Paris. The Daily Telegraph published a picture of a "queue at a petrol station" which was probably taken a year ago, if not I'd like to know where I can get petrol at that price. The queue was actually for a slip road. Yes there are train strikes, but there are always train strikes...

I have seen several stations running short on gas. I believe you must leave in the boonies because here in lyon we had everything you mentionned.

Just a matter of time to witness the french folks to go down for realz.