The mkiv Supra Owners Club

profit in building cars??

Rob_Mitchell

Im not sure many will reply but is there much profit in investing money into doing cars up to show winning cars then selling?

been offered a rx7 and instantly put my thinking cap on and started a wish list :rolleyes:, its not 100% but would i see money at the end of it??

i would like the fortune kit and obviously the proper wheels for the job as im not a fan of spacers.

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.images.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Drx7%2Bfortune%2Bkit%26norw%3D1%26b%3D19%26ni%3D18%26ei%3DUTF-8%26xargs%3D0%26pstart%3D1%26fr%3Dyfp-t-702%26fr2%3Dsp-qrw-corr-top&w=640&h=480&imgurl=image.importtuner.com%2Ff%2F9873364%2Fimpp_0709_03_z%2B1993_mazda_rx7%2Bveilside_fortune_body_kit.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.importtuner.com%2Ffeatures%2Fimpp_0709_1993_mazda_rx7%2Fphoto_01.html&size=54k&name=impp+0709+03+z%2B1...&p=rx7+fortune+kit&oid=3a1f4861047a84c0&fr2=sp-qrw-corr-top&norw=1&no=31&tt=61&b=19&ni=18&sigr=12a7e8chh&sigi=12rqqknpm&sigb=14e9n8d6a

so has the buying and selling died???????????

Not to mention that with a kit like that you would have narrowed it down to a very small market. It is possible, if you can get the parts for a good price, do all the work yourself and don't mind hanging around for a decent offer, though like I said you will have a small audience.

I nearly went for it with the orange beast, much better profit in breaking it though so gave up on the idea.

i know mate, but dont you get tempted by other projects and cars?

i think im having a down day, my car is just p++sing me off as i have no idea where im going with it at the moment.

running out of thing to chrome

No chance on this earth!!

To show standard you need £30-40k on most Jap cars to build, you wont sell any over £20k. Only way iv made profit from building cars is A) if iv been paid to do so or B) had loads of parts in stock that have owed me nothing from cars iv broke, parts iv swapped or collected. Still once you take in to the equasion how many hours you spend doing the job, its not really much of a profit, just paying for your hours and getting rid of a pile of bits.

i know mate, but dont you get tempted by other projects and cars?

i think im having a down day, my car is just p++sing me off as i have no idea where im going with it at the moment.

running out of thing to chrome

I love building project cars but one is more than enough for my wallet to handle, if i won big on the lottery i would have about 20 project cars on the go as its what i love doing, but to make money from it building and selling, no chance.

I'm thinking abou buyin the odd cheep tired na and making them sellable but I'm not looking to modify. The popsite if anything. Just want to make a nice car out of a tired one. If I make a bit of profit then great but that's not my motivation. Just want to bring a car back to life and make a happy new owner looking out for my first car to do ATM