The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel System Setups!

JamieP

TBH dude, any single pump capable of flowing for 1500hp will be noisy and any car needing one the noise shouldnt be a factor ;) though knowing Jamie he may prefer something a little quieter :p

there are a lot of different locations for mounting, and it could go in the boot area if you disred

just giving jamie a few options worth considering ;)

Your right there dude, mine is so noisey with the solid mounts the pump will make very little difference.:)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, new fuel system is sorted and ordered, websters was a great help.

Injector Dynamics 2000cc high imp injectors

Aeromotive 11102 fuel pump, rated for 2000hp FI

Aeromotive -12 fuel filters

Aeromotive voltage control box (when cruising about off boost it will run low voltage and be a lot quieter)

Im not running a swirl pot.

My high imp 900cc bosch injectors and FIC black twin feed fuel rail is still for sale, £500, comes out the car mid november.

Right, new fuel system is sorted and ordered, websters was a great help.

Injector Dynamics 2000cc high imp injectors

Aeromotive 11102 fuel pump, rated for 2000hp FI

Aeromotive -12 fuel filters

Aeromotive voltage control box (when cruising about off boost it will run low voltage and be a lot quieter)

Im not running a swirl pot.

My high imp 900cc bosch injectors and FIC black twin feed fuel rail is still for sale, £500, comes out the car mid november.

JP how much is the voltage control box, what did you pay for the pump in the end.

JP how much is the voltage control box, what did you pay for the pump in the end.

Websters, pump was £647 and control box £288 +vat, i know i can get them cheaper stateside but they are in stock and sending out today, plus all the advice he gave me i felt it rude to get the part numbers and buy elsewhere.

Websters, pump was £647 and control box £288 +vat, i know i can get them cheaper stateside but they are in stock and sending out today, plus all the advice he gave me i felt it rude to get the part numbers and buy elsewhere.

I think I will give the control box a miss at that price;), just checking lead time on your hose pipes/injectors.

can you not just adapt the stock fuel ecu as this dose the dual voltage thing ?

Its not upto the job according to people ive spoke to, i dont want to compromise anything wth this fuel system, id rather have the best available fot the sake of a few hundred quid.

Hi guys,

Very late on in this one.

J - Are you going to run the pump externally?

What is the dissadvantage of running 2 bosch pumps internally? (not meaning on your build J as i know you want to run 1)

How would a fuel cooler work? Do you plum it into the lines from the pump to the engine or returning from the engine to allow the flow? (sorry for stupid question)

Yes my new pump will be mounted in the boot.

Disadvantage of two 044 in the tank for me was its a messy setup and the fact one can still fail and get you in trouble.

I dont like the idea of a fuel cooler myself and with the right setup i dont think its needed.

As chris has pointed out, how do you know that the fuel is atomising?

The injectors are 5x bigger than stock , yet fitted to the same place ie the same distance to the intake valves.

Don't injectors require moving further away to allow for atomisation ?

Don't the F1 cars run diesel like pressures to aid the atomisation, due large amount of fuel needed?

All sounds a bit American to me - bigger must be better.

If all the blurb is to be believed they are very very good ;)

http://www.injectordynamics.com/ID2000.html

I would be tempted to run a base pressure of 5 bar just for the fun of it and possibly better atomisation, although idle AFR might be tricky, I am sure the Syvecs could handle it, they are apparently rated up to 9 bar so shouldn't be an issue for the injector :D

If all the blurb is to be believed they are very very good ;)

http://www.injectordynamics.com/ID2000.html

I would be tempted to run a base pressure of 5 bar just for the fun of it and possibly better atomisation, although idle AFR might be tricky, I am sure the Syvecs could handle it, they are apparently rated up to 9 bar so shouldn't be an issue for the injector :D

Variable fuel pump will aid the low end :)