The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo vacumn reference for wastegate n bov

hodge

Hi guys

A bit of advice please. I'm fitting a Bov turbo side of my intercooler. Now my turbo has a vacumn port on the front for my wastegate/boost solnoid. Can anyone see a problem T-ing my Bov into the same vac reference as the wastegate/boost solnoid.

Thanks

John

Sorry to disagree Jake, but the BOV ideally needs to be Tee'd into somewhere of the intake manifold as the turbo compressor never see's negative vacuum so when lifting off the throttle the vacuum in the manifold aids the valve to open which is espically needed on the heavy duty BOV's with a spring pressure over 15psi like the ones John is running.

Ryan

Sorry to disagree Jake, but the BOV ideally needs to be Tee'd into somewhere of the intake manifold as the turbo compressor never see's negative vacuum so when lifting off the throttle the vacuum in the manifold aids the valve to open which is espically needed on the heavy duty BOV's with a spring pressure over 15psi like the ones John is running.

Ryan

If this is the case I should be ok to T both BOVs from the same vacuum reference on the plenum shouldn't I.

Ryan

:yeahthat:

If the connection he is talking about is on the turbo compressor scroll itself then it is a pressure reference, not a vacuum reference. To get a vacuum the reference needs to be downstream of the throttle body.

Ryan

I sit corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.

Apologies to Hodge for the incorrect info.

I've got a veilside plenum fitted Dan so all that pipework went in the bin with everything else I could do without lol. I have accounted for a BOV on the plenum though. Where the map sensor bolts to the bottom I've drilled the threaded holes out and retailed them 1/8 npt to supple extra vac ports for such as this. I've also got a -3an fitting already attached to the plenum as I want to use braided line for the vac pipe on the BOV's.