The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Supra SZ-R NA - V161 Getrag / A02B Diff

Crockett512

Well, here it is! After a bit of discussion in this thread its time to put her up for sale. It flew through the MOT this friday, and this was all I was waiting for; I've absolutely loved this car, but unfortunately it's just not practical for me, and it's affecting my main love, which is travel and mountaineering. Anyway enough of the soppy stuff:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=18348&d=1286561517

This is the SZ-R Supra (Colour 6NO), registered 1997, Steve Manley at Toyota accurately informs me it was built in late 1996. Came to the UK 2007. The Model is JZA80-ALFSF, meaning this has the much revered V161 Getrag 6 speed manual gearbox (Fitted with short shifter I believe), and The A02B twin turbo limited slip differential. These are the reason I bought her, with a view to going single.. Still got to be in perfect condition.. after all they've only been tickled by NA power!

As mentioned above, comes with a full years MOT and approx 93000 on the clock. Taxed til december.

Since I've owned it, I've fitted Ultralite Daiki 18" Alloys, 9.5" Rear and 8.5" Front. These are fitted with Toyo Proxes T1-Rs (Bought as a package from Mr Whiffin), and have covered approx 3-4000 miles. Recently had new brake pads, and I have refurbed the brakes with the Genuine toyota parts, and fitted Do Luck lines at the same time (Still got to swap the rear lines). I replaced the engine oil not long back, and have receipts for gear/diff oil changes.

Also flushed and replaced the coolant; whilst I did this I replaced the thermostat and hoses, as I read that these are prone to collapse on older cars; these were also bought from Steve @ inchcape Toyota.

Fitted with Alpine IDA-X001 iPod headunit, Type S components front and rear, and (I believe it to be) Lockys96 first ever subwoofer enclosure in the rear, with a JL 10" sub powered by a new Alpine Amp. All cabling by Audison connection, also fitted a new battery.

Air con system tested and refilled.

Thor speedo conversion and delimiter fitted and mileage noted. Speedo, trip and odo now in miles (will have to look through the folder for the exact mileage converted).

Heckler Red LED dash light conversion, with uprated bulbs.

Do Luck Front, Blitz Rear and Bomex Sideskirts. Smoothed rear tailgate, dewipered, despoilered and deaerialed.

APR Performance carbon rad plate fitted.

Apexi Induction, JN Developments (Jamesy) fitted Japspeed second de-cat exhaust.

Also have: a set of Inovit TE37 replicas with road legal tyres. ET42 offset, will make great winter wheels.

Spare set of rear brakes, JSpec.

Stock NA airbox

Stock front speaker boxes

Odds and ends of trim, pillars, rear cubby box (where sub is), maybe other bits...

Bad bits - Drivers seat replaced with recaro, side bolster has become worn. I'm still looking out for a stock drivers seat..

Cosmetic cracks in the front and rear bumpers - These have been touched up and aren't noticeable, just being picky

Roof paint is marked

As discussed in the other thread, I'm after around £5500. This is high for an NA, but from the classifieds I've trawled through recently, this is the only V161 NA for sale.

I was almost considering breaking it to sell the box; I believe I can make my money either way so I'm not going to sell it for a stupid amount less.

If you want any more information please let me know. I'm situated in south Leicestershire, near Broughton Astley.

Thanks for looking, more pics below and in my garage:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=18346&d=1286561503

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=18347&d=1286561508

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=18345&d=1286561373

Whilst not wanting to annoy the OP, I think I should inform members about this car for there own good. I actually went to look at this car about 3 1/2 years ago when looking for my first N/A and it is crash repaired car, it was at a dubious Keighly garage and had at one point(I assume in Japan) a heavy impact on the front o/s, which was quite obvious and resulted in me walking away, most of the front end had been repaired but there was a lot of nut's and bolts missing. Also, the front chassis leg had been resprayed(hopefully after being on a jig and not just a cover up).

I'm not saying it's a bad car, I just want people to be aware.

I'm not saying it's a bad car, I just want people to be aware.

Honestly, thats the first i've ever heard of it! If this is the case I wasn't told about it when I bought it from Dave-SZR.. and havent noticed anything odd, nothing stuck out and the HPI is clear.

I'd have thought someone would have said in the original advert, around 10 months ago, if they'd visited and noticed?

Wilko, I'm after £5k bottom line, no less. It probably is expensive but I can break it for parts for the same cost, would be a shame, but thats why I bought the 6 speed!

Regards,

Matt

If this is the case I wasn't told about it when I bought it from Dave-SZR..

I should probably come in here and say that I knew nothing about this myself. I bought the car from WRC in Bradford and there was absolutely no mention or evidence of crash/ repair. I had alot of cosmetic stuff done to the car, new bumper front and rear etc. and my bodyshop guy never mentioned any signs of a previous crash.

This car is absolutely fantastic, possibly the best motor Ive owned and it drives totally straight with no faults (when I sold it). It looks like Matt has improved it a bit since purchase too.

I toyed with breaking it because of the V161 etc. but that would be such a shame as the bodywork and paint are so immaculate. Another SZ-R owner on here spoke about selling off the gearbox etc. and putting the money to a TT conversion and cheaper box. If the V161 still goes for the money it did when I owned the car, it would pretty much cover the TT conversion- just a thought. GLWS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would you do a price without the wheels? I am genuinely interested if I get sufficient funds together after Christmas...it's a bit close to be buying now but I'm after a new daily from January and a Supra is pretty much top of the list. This is the ultimate NA spec so would suit me perfect.

I should probably come in here and say that I knew nothing about this myself. I bought the car from WRC in Bradford and there was absolutely no mention or evidence of crash/ repair.

They might not have even known tbh fella, it was actually a 'Torque of Keighley' car which was known for get damaged repaired cars at the time, but WRC bought them out and obviously took on the existing stock, however, when I went to look at it, it was for sale for a considerable amount more.

Would you do a price without the wheels? I am genuinely interested if I get sufficient funds together after Christmas...it's a bit close to be buying now but I'm after a new daily from January and a Supra is pretty much top of the list. This is the ultimate NA spec so would suit me perfect.

Thats perfect timing Matt, as I've removed the Ultralite's for winter, and have just put them up for sale seperately at £800; If you were interested in the car as it is without those, I'd let it go for £4500. (1k less).

If your interested send me an email to mattcranecustoms @ gmail.com. I will get any messages quick that way.

Thanks for the interest!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.