The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jaguar E-TYPE Project

Rob_Mitchell

Don't get me wrong that price is very good! But the cost of restoring it is a mine field. I have watched people take on these cars/projects and before they know it they are too deep in to jump out and too skint to carry on. To whoever takes this on (on this forum) DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR! It will be an investment/hobby but set a limit or your doomed I tell theeeee dooooooooooooomed.... LOL

This looks indeed a bargain but only in that you would spend half a small fortune to do nicely instead of the full fortune.

If he still has it post Xmas I would have it.

With Tlc and a few choice upgrades like overdrive and su carbs it would a great folly and I miss my previous E - type folly

This looks indeed a bargain but only in that you would spend half a small fortune to do nicely instead of the full fortune.

If he still has it post Xmas I would have it.

With Tlc and a few choice upgrades like overdrive and su carbs it would a great folly and I miss my previous E - type folly

well its been here at work for 27 years, so chances are it will be here after christmas :D. it only wants a small ammount thrown at it but alot of spare time and enthusiasm, something that you lose after a days work doing other peoples cars and having other commitments.

well its been here at work for 27 years, so chances are it will be here after christmas :D. it only wants a small ammount thrown at it but alot of spare time and enthusiasm, something that you lose after a days work doing other peoples cars and having other commitments.

That's what my last one was like . It spent it's life in Zambia so was totally rust free - 3 years and 30 grand later ......

Now you've got me all excited!!

2jz pah V12,s rock !! Pure music at 8000 rpm !!!

• 1 month later...
Not as much as claimed. I have done a couple of the very sort after v12 convertibles and after spending 30-35k restoring it to mint condition it might be worth 25k if you find someone who really wants one.:) The classic car game is a big gamble in the end you never really win as the restorer/owner unless you do it all yourself and get the car for nothing. But don't take my word for it as some people get very lucky;)

HTH

I don't really understand the E-type market, other than mileage seems to determine price, and then condition. Prices for roadsters seem to be anywhere between £25k and silly money :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't really understand the E-type market, other than mileage seems to determine price, and then condition. Prices for roadsters seem to be anywhere between £25k and silly money :)

a friend of the family sold his convertible version of the one seen in this add for 50k and then spent nearly 70k on a mkII jag! silly money if you ask me

EDIT- oh and the etype was brown to ! :taped:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.