The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jaguar E-TYPE Project

Rob_Mitchell

The car is owned by my dad and has spent 26 years in the corner of the workshop.

the body is briliant by far the best shell you will ever find.

The car is a 1973 V12 2+2 so the best, just needs time and money spent on it to get it up and running.

If anyone knows someone who would be interested please dont hesitate to contact me, this advert is a bit brief but its best to phone up and talk to my dad about it.

offers around £8500

tel- 01634 715 637

[ATTACH]118394[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]118395[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]118396[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]118397[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]118398[/ATTACH]

the price is really cheap for what he is asking, i think he would just like to see someone finish it and enjoy it.

just been looking and finished one fetch really good money and even then the shells are not 100% like this but i suppose thats what 26 years in a corner does lol

wants alot of time and money to get it up and running, best ring and talk to my dad and he will explain whats what... tel added in 1st post.

The company behind me restore's classic car's and there about to finish the latest one so there looking for a new project ;)

I wish i had a workshop & the time to take on such a project, that is a bit special, I can just imagine what cruising around the countryside in that in the summer must feel like

It will look nice but feel rubbish. The minute you put your foot down you will spin off the road.:)

No NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:Pling::D

YES

:D, test drove one last year and did not do it for me, stunning in white and a great project,I want a Bentley Turbo R next :)

Shame, I've never driven one but had high expectations, BTRs rock :D

Christian (Stonkin) think you mentioned about a classic car, this would be brilliant!

If I have resources, this would be left in a garage for 5 years & then worked on!

If only you knew how much these pick up in excellent running condition!

they fetch huge money still, the soft tops are super rare and worth more though. everything is there just got to that point where some brackets and bolts are missing ( and we all know bits like this costs a small fortune)

to cut a long story short my dad was offered 2 e types one was the V12 the other was the baby version, he bought the V12 and his mate bought the other. When they collected my dad boxed everything he thought was V12 and off he went to build it..... after 26 years he obviously cant locate his mate to see if he picked some V12 stuff up to complete the project ie- brackets for alternator ect minor things.

this info might help but more clearer over the phone

Christian (Stonkin) think you mentioned about a classic car, this would be brilliant!

If I have resources, this would be left in a garage for 5 years & then worked on!

If only you knew how much these pick up in excellent running condition!

Not as much as claimed. I have done a couple of the very sort after v12 convertibles and after spending 30-35k restoring it to mint condition it might be worth 25k if you find someone who really wants one.:) The classic car game is a big gamble in the end you never really win as the restorer/owner unless you do it all yourself and get the car for nothing. But don't take my word for it as some people get very lucky;)

HTH

i agree the game is getting harder if its your trade to buy restore and sell, but as a investment/personal car project this is a bargain... my dad is in no rush to sell just thought i would post to see what sort of interest there is.

not being funny, spare origional engine, second owner,mint shell, faultless interior and about 28 years since its last been on the road, if it has been on the road at all!! got to be worth something around the asking price.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.