The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Proud of your job/Career

kjgreen3

Im working for Sky digital for the last 4 years. Started as a sales advisor on the phones and quickly worked my way up the ladder in to Quality Control / support. Basically me and my team work just below operations managers and pretty much run the floor lol

I like it there i must say

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated my job, well i did looking back now, was sucked into the corporate culture and became a shadow of the person i actually wanted to be, earned good money worked stupid hours and was so tired at weekends that i flaked out on the sofa most of the time.

Love my life now - I enjoy selling a good product to decent people.

I hate my job. I work as a electrical and mechanical engineer for a small company but they win some big money contracts and have some high class clientele.

I'm in charge of the job on a daily basis and it's my job to bring the contract in on time and make a profit. I have between 5-25 people working underneath me and Im only as good as the team I have around me. But I do feel that it's only myself that cares about the job, they finish and go home where I go home plan the next couple days ahead and handle 10+ phones after working hours.

Hopefully that will all change I have been speaking to one of our major main contrators for Holland and they are interested in me working for them. They seem to think I have drive and determination (suckers) to get the job done.

So I hoping a payrise and my job prospects will be on the up.

Good thread and interesting reading!

I am now in my third career... after training in hotels since dinosaurs roamed the earth I finally achieved my ambition of managing a de-luxe hotel in Mayfair - only to have it sold to people who..lets just say we had a difference of opinion.

I then set up my own catering company and got interested in cars... Toyota Supras in particular (you may have heard of them...chest wigs are a required uniform?) during which time I also undertook and passed my MBA

I then started in teaching - and now teach on undergrad and postgrad masters courses in loads of various 'useless' management subjects which allows my students to go forth emminently qualified to become...unemployed I suspect (!) I have to say that it is something which I really love doing... and appear quite good at it too going by the student feedback (blackmail is such an ugly word!) :-)

Believe me whan I tell you this government, well... to paraphrase the words of Mr Paxman to the Universities Minister 'You really have no idea what you are doing, have you?'

I now work for one of the new breed of private Universities (BPP) - who are actually very good and I suspect I will stay here for some time all being well...

But if anything I have learned that you must, whatever you are doing, go with your heart - if you hate it - get the hell out and preserve what sanity and life you have...I have been there and thank the lord for helping me escape

Do only what you love! :-)

not sureabout my job, currently work on a farm/farmshop driving machinery such as tractors, caripllars(teleporters) diggers and forklifts and working in the barn on saturdays with customers. beeen working there for 4 years and im bored tbh, so i rang up o contractor who does work for the farm about a job, we had a chat n he said hed ask my boss if he would mind, boss said to me yesterday that he would be willing to send me to college to learn joinery and carpentery and pay for it so i could become a qualified chippy, weve got a load of new tools in and new work shop, id be making all chicken runs, dog kennels rabbit hitches and repairing the barn etc im tempted to go for it but not sure if i want to try elsewhere as my managers(bosses son) is a complete douche! now must think...