• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Connect the battery up lol.

Looks nice though mate.

lol didn't notice that!

It's all connected at the moment however it's about to be partially dismantled again due to problems with/change of plans regarding the turbo.

Got a BEP S362 Billet turbo with race cover/housing on it's way :eyebrows:

Why have you changed the precision turbo?

I bought the turbo as part of a bunch of items to get a deal although I really wanted the 6265 at the time for slightly more top end but stuck with it due the price. After fitting it all and then getting Ryan round to start it we noticed a noise so stopped the engine straight away to check everything.

We couldn't find anything wrong until I took the feed off and the fitting out of the turbo where we found an airline fitting being used as an oil restrictor :rolleyes: It probably would have been OK except the fitting was too long and had been fouling against the bearing/turbo shaft - how long for I don't know but there are wear marks on the fitting from where it had been touching.

Obviously I'm now not happy with it running on the engine as with the speed it will be spinning on boost will probably see this thing lasting 5 minutes. Precision are a pain too as they will not sell their bespoke parts to local turbo rebuilders such as AET so a rebuild will involve me shipping the unit to the states. It should only require a new shaft and seals as the wheels, housings etc are all fine but I'm still worried at what Precision will want to charge me.

Sh!t happens I suppose but on the bright size I'm getting the turbo I want as I've always felt that something between a 62mm and 67mm turbo would suit me in both power and spooling characteristics.

ADD on this forum got decent numbers on stock cams with the S362 and hopefully with mine being billet I should spool sooner as the compressor wheel has 1 less blade reducing it's inertia a little. :cool: