250mph, $130,000 Supra.

JamieP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To build, and more specifically the development costs (and time!), involved in building a car to that spec and making it work reliably would easily cost more than the purchase price. Who here has spanked similar money on their Supra and still not acheived the same results, even got close? A few I could name ;)

I can completely see why the right buyer would shell out £80k for this car. Also remember this is the US price where supra's command a lot more money than over here.

To build, and more specifically the development costs (and time!), involved in building a car to that spec and making it work reliably would easily cost more than the purchase price. Who here has spanked similar money on their Supra and still not acheived the same results, even got close? A few I could name ;)

MattH? :D

I would say over 100K by the time it landed here. There's no doubting you would spend close if not more trying to replicate the same results, but it still doesn't detract from the fact that you would have to be comfortable with it not being a wise long term investment.

80k for a supra hell no, lambo hell yes
Ever driven one? Do you like no having access to your Gallardo when you need it? Yes they are pretty but they are pain to live with.

I must love Supras more than you lot, id not take a gallardo over my Supra let alone that one.:)
The people who would pick a lambo are the ones going for a pose...until it catches fire :D

Ever driven one? Do you like no having access to your Gallardo when you need it? Yes they are pretty but they are pain to live with.

The people who would pick a lambo are the ones going for a pose...until it catches fire :D

Or swerves off a cliff.

I drove a new lambo gallardo recently at a track day..... A half decent single supra would p!ss all over it. The supra sounds so much better and handling was about the same. Id take a Supra all day long.

Now after i took the Audi R8 out after that was a different story .... :)

Regardless I'm sure the lambo would get more attention, I'm sorry but 80k for a Toyota that will deff hve problems hell no:d

I had a Gallardo for a day in Vegas, and although it was a great car, it was not as special as I'd hoped when driving it. The sound was amazing though :)

Still I wouldn't pass it down if I was lucky enough to own one, unless I was filthy rich I'd be worried about everywhere I went in it!

BTW, you don't buy any exotica and not expect a mountain of maintenance bills to go with it. (Unless maybe the Lexus)

That engine bay's a work of art! The dash panel looks very bare with the ignition barrel on the other side, never noticed that before on lhd's.

It's an awesome car, but it's not the same buying it built, if I'd that sort of money to spend on a Supra I'd be wanting a fresh stock (or trd) low miler off the boat as a starting point. Didn't win £82M on the euromillions so won't be doing it this week I'm afraid.

I would rather have JP's than that one too, IMO the J mobile is the best looking supra I have ever seen, take out JP's lump and throw in a 3.4 with a tilton and you have a better car. But unless I won the lottery it would be a DB9 if I were spending that money, or a nice camper, saw a 45ft 4 slide for $190,000!!!!!!

Interior pic below

nice camper.jpg