The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap 'chip tuning' at AFR

dude

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.2dti frontera 1999 reg, i tow alot and seems to struggle going up hills so this would help, i was going to install a boost controller but feel the turbo will blow.

Rarely this is an older one we can re flash

Model Year: 1998 - 2002

Engine Type: Diesel-Turbo

Engine Size: 2.2L DTi 115 BHP Model

BHP Increase: 30

Torque Increase (NM): 60

Fuel Economy Improvements: Up to 20% more MPG

Price*: £ 359 RRP

Would be interested to know how these 'chips' genuinely improve fuel economy. Most of the ones I've seen fiddle with the fuel rail pressure so can deliver more fuel (same injector pulse width) to up the power. The wastegate is mapped against speed/demand so will deliver more boost (not dissimilar to a BPU supra).

I've always questioned the fuel economy claims as the trip computer calculates the fuel used based on the injector pulse width and the rail pressure. By fudging the signal back to the ECM from the rail pressure means that the ECM still believes the rail pressure is stock even though it is increased and is delivering more fuel.

These comments in no way relate to what is being sold in this thread btw. Just interested to know more about the changes to the map.

Would be interested to know how these 'chips' genuinely improve fuel economy. Most of the ones I've seen fiddle with the fuel rail pressure so can deliver more fuel (same injector pulse width) to up the power. The wastegate is mapped against speed/demand so will deliver more boost (not dissimilar to a BPU supra).

I've always questioned the fuel economy claims as the trip computer calculates the fuel used based on the injector pulse width and the rail pressure. By fudging the signal back to the ECM from the rail pressure means that the ECM still believes the rail pressure is stock even though it is increased and is delivering more fuel.

These comments in no way relate to what is being sold in this thread btw. Just interested to know more about the changes to the map.

Post 20 and 22 dude, you cant argue with a car driving 50 miles further per tank, we have a couple of large organizations about to have their vans reflashed purely for economy.

Anything for the 997 turbo, and is it visible by OPC ?

Model Year: 2006 - 2009

Engine Type: Petrol-Turbo

Engine Size: 3.6L 24v Flat 6 BiTurbo 480 BHP Model

BHP Increase: 35

Torque Increase (NM): 70

Is that your model Miglet ?????

Bump - my dad has the need for speed :)

Model Year: 2003 >

Engine Size: 2.0L 16v D 130 BHP Model

Torque Increase (NM): 50

Model Year: 2005 >

Engine Size: 2.2L 16v D 155 BHP Model

Torque Increase (NM): 45

Be careful with this because my dad had his BMW 320d remapped and there was a problem with the air-con so he took it to BMW to sort out. When he got it back it didn't feel as quick as it was before so he called them and they said they reset the ecu when they get the cars in.

Make sure it doesn't happen to you.

Be careful with this because my dad had his BMW 320d remapped and there was a problem with the air-con so he took it to BMW to sort out. When he got it back it didn't feel as quick as it was before so he called them and they said they reset the ecu when they get the cars in.

Make sure it doesn't happen to you.

If the reflash gets lost we keep a copy so it can just be put back in;)

Probably a long shot but would it improve performance (and mpg) on my 2001 Audi A8 3.7 40v?

odel Year: 1999 - 2002

Engine Type: Petrol-NonTurbo

Engine Size: 3.7L V8 40v 260 BHP Model

BHP Increase: 20

Torque Increase (NM): 30

I don't think you will notice this in a performance respect, it would be more for economy.

odel Year: 1999 - 2002

Engine Type: Petrol-NonTurbo

Engine Size: 3.7L V8 40v 260 BHP Model

BHP Increase: 20

Torque Increase (NM): 30

I don't think you will notice this in a performance respect, it would be more for economy.

Thanks for the information. I guess more gains would be seen on turboed cars compared to NAs then...

Still trying to sort electrical problems out with my Audi but definitely thinking of chipping it :)