The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battlefield 2 demo released!

Bobbeh

Sorry .. only just seen this!

We approved the game today (I work for EA :thumbs: ), and bugger me if it isn't awesome!! I've managed to stop myself from playing it at work too much, but it's looking great! If you like BF1942 and BFNAM (especially the Desert Combat mod), then you will LOVE this!

My only problem is drawing myself away from the geeky abyss that is World of Warcraft!!

Cheers, J :innocent:

Good fun like the previous BF games, good load times, smooth play on high settings, nice sounds, nice graphics... shame about the weapon damage though. 3 direct body hits with a sniper rifle? Whats he wearing...tank armour? Encouraging OSOK headshots is fair enough but a little more realism would be nice, not that I've been shot with a sniper rifle in real life.... yet lol

Yeah .. the sniper rifle thing has always been a feature of BF. It was the same sort of deal in 1942, although it was mainly 2 shots there. Single shot to the head always works which is good. A single shot should really be an outright kill, but that is often a gripe of peeps that play MOH and Counter-Strike so I think they have tried to counteract that a bit in BF2.

Yeah .. the sniper rifle thing has always been a feature of BF. It was the same sort of deal in 1942, although it was mainly 2 shots there. Single shot to the head always works which is good. A single shot should really be an outright kill, but that is often a gripe of peeps that play MOH and Counter-Strike so I think they have tried to counteract that a bit in BF2.

True, although I was picking on the sniper rifle as it was the most extreme example. Takes several hits from an assault rifle on burst at close range too, body armour ain't gona do a lot about that either. Seems headshots are a definate requirement.

Anyone tried using the pistol, may as well be an air pistol lol Its only a demo anyway, could be totally different when its released... looking good though still and nicely done. Especially like the grenade launcher, no auto aiming crap like some games :clap:

I'm sure we will see more of the Medal of Honour series on PC :thumbs:. There is Medal of Honour European Assault coming out on the consoles in a few weeks. Personally, I HATE FPS games on consoles ... it's all about the PC. I must be the only person in existence that hates Halo!! Although, I have to admit, I've been quite enjoying Battlefield Modern Combat on the consoles. MOH on the next gen consoles should be pretty good though if they put the effort in.

CoD2 should be very good though. Most of the guys that made that used to work for EA on MOH (you can tell by the VERY similar HUD, Text style etc etc).

I'm sure there will be plenty of Mods released for BF2 before you know it (Like DC for 1942). These will no doubt have all sorts of weapon changes in them to cater for everyone (like the single shot kill sniper rifles :clap: ).

Cheers, J :sly:

CoD pisses all over MOH IMHO. And the latest incarnation of MOH on the PC may have looked nice but was complete shite to play. They are really gonna have to address some serious issues for it to come anywhere close to CoD.

Was an avvid MOH player until CoD came out, never played it since............

Got this BF2 downloaded so I'll see what thats like tonight :D

I'm sure we will see more of the Medal of Honour series on PC

I always thought they should do one on a much smaller scale - something like Operation Market Garden. There's lots of options there for different levels (village, fields, tank battles, the open boat assault on Nimijgen bridge, the house to house combat at Arnhem, even flying and parachuting levels).

Or what about The Battle of the Bulge. You could play as the Germans to start with (that would be a first in a WWII FPS) and then half way through the game you switch over to the Americans and have to force them back. There could be an interesting idea in that the better you do in the first half as the Germans the more difficult the second half job of the Americans is to force you back or something.

Basically concentrate the game on a single battle or operation.