The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meeting famous people

KamaSupra

So yesterday my mates and I go up near London for a day of paint balling. We were in a small group so were mixed up with another small group which attended for the day to make a large team. And if luck would have it, we ended up having tennis player Andy Murray on our team :) He was a top bloke, very chatty and wasn't too scared at getting shot at either :D Being on the same team throughout the day we'd be helping each other out during paint ball fire fights. One of the highlights of the day has to be when Andy and I were trapped behind a building getting shot at during one game. We saw someone in the distance behind some trees/bushes so shot at him like mad to only then find out he was a Games Marshall/Ref :D Oh what a brilliant day!! :)

I've met quite a few other famous people but Andy Murray and Keith Chegwin have got to be my most favourite famous people who I've met. So I just wondered who other people have met or what stories you've got?? :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo they'll give me something to read :) The most recent post on one of those threads is about 2 months old though, people may have met other people since then :D

I seem to meet various famous people from time to time but they don't tend to be anyone interesting. Mind you, I only find a select few famous people interesting in the first place.

I've met Alan Titchmarsh... he was pretty... gardeny.

Also met some people from Eastenders. They seem to be running around the country like an unwanted disease.

cannon on ball (yes i know!) sat behind me on a flight back from florida years ago. had everyone in stiches (yes i know!)

Have recently learned that when my mother in law was small she poked chalie chaplin in the eye.

My father in law was in bad boys 2. and episode of burn notice and stunt drove the evo and the hemi in 2fast2furious :p

That whole side of the family is/was in the performance industry i learn new things all the time :p

Ive met Herol 'Bomber' Graham. nice chap. didnt have much of a clue who he was.

Michael palin went to my school

Eric clapton's daughter was 2 years below me in school. and he came and did a charity gig there. i left before he did that though :(

Im sure ive got a few more but cant think.

I met Eric Clapton in Harrods perfume section, early 80's. I got his autograph but he seemed to be "elsewhere."

I was also somewhat "elsewhere" when I plonked myself down on a settee in the Hacienda. I took stock of my surroundings and on the sofas with me were Hooky, Bernard Sumner and I'm pretty sure it was Billy Currie and Warren Cann.

They stopped talking and I felt a tension in the air, so I got up and left.

I was drunk when I said "Oi mate, is that woman you're with, Angela Pleasance?" in a restaurant in either Camden or Kennington. They seemed annoyed.

I was drunk in an aisle seat of the Empire Cinema for the UK premiere of Henry & June when I realised Maria de Maderios was standing next to me. We looked at each other, and then she went up on the stage. Can't remember the film much.

There's a pattern there somewhere.