The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silly question but trying to settle an argument

paddy155

You said you do basic services on your car.

From that statement and your choice of avatar, your Supra, I assumed you were referring to your only car, a Supra.

I am many things but a mind reader is not one of them. A little more clarity in your posts please.

A little less assumption in yours then.

To clarify I meant I have serviced my car since day 1. Day 1 being my first day of owning a car.

Ooh its getting edgy. I reckon if oil filters were meant to be tighter, god would have given us bigger wrists. The fact that the oil filter seems to perfectly fit the human hand is proof enough of intelligent design.

Bingo, the hex on the end is for getting them off, although I conceed that in an awkward place you wouldn't get the proper purchase to give it a good hand tighten so a spanner or other tool would be handy in that case..... It would still be hand tight though or when it comes time to do a swaperoo it might be a bit of a pain, as I found.

I wish I had taken a photo of it now, it was in such a state lol.

Anyone else ever changed the oil filter on a Renault 5 GT Turbo? Hardest ever!

By the time you have your hand on the filter there's no more room left to rotate the damn thing. Crazy design.

I hate to admit it but most of the ones that came into our place for an oil and filter left with the same filter on, just polished up a bit.

I only ever did the one R5, after that I made my excuses and left them to somebody else.

Anyone else ever changed the oil filter on a Renault 5 GT Turbo? Hardest ever!

By the time you have your hand on the filter there's no more room left to rotate the damn thing. Crazy design.

I hate to admit it but most of the ones that came into our place for an oil and filter left with the same filter on, just polished up a bit.

I only ever did the one R5, after that I made my excuses and left them to somebody else.

I haven't done one but a friend of a friend had one and I had a look at the engine etc when he was down showing it off. Didn't look the most accomodating lol.