The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chicken pox in adults = nasty

JamieP

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the shower:D its the only thing that helps, had about 8 so far today.

I was going to suggest that. I've had severe itch responses from bad sunburn before and the only thing to do was to stand under a cold shower. My mum says that when I had chickenpox as a kid, that was the best relief as well.

Maybe just get blind drunk for four days :D

Ooof! that looks a bad case. I had it bad in my teens and it was everywhere. Even the little soldiers sleeping bag had it, it was a nightmare. I have also had shingles which is quite painful. Get well soon.

Correct me if im wrong but arent you not meant to be near pregnant women if you have chicken pox?

bad year for me, first swine flu and now this, my body is on fire.

Im covered in pussy spots and confined to the spare bedroom for the next few days.

Anyone want to see a nasty picture?:D

rest and avoid scratching those damn buggers.......i scarred my forehead thinking that it was a spot :(

get well soon.

No, wife is ok, she went to the docs with me and had a blood test, she is immune.

Tough night last night, skin was on fire, never slept a wink.

Yup, however your new baby won't be. Nothing to worry about though, they can get chicken pox in the womb but it is nothing at all serious and they probably wouldn't really notice it.

It was measels I was thinking of, can be a bit dangerous to unborn babies. I asked the Wife as she went OCD with that sort of stuff when we found out she was pregnant.

Yup, however your new baby won't be. Nothing to worry about though, they can get chicken pox in the womb but it is nothing at all serious and they probably wouldn't really notice it.

It was measels I was thinking of, can be a bit dangerous to unborn babies. I asked the Wife as she went OCD with that sort of stuff when we found out she was pregnant.

Yeah to be safe she dont come near me now, im locked in the spare room, she leaves food and water outside the door, been in here since sunday, cant see this getting better for a few days yet:(

This was a good read, the guy logged his ordeal, i seem to have it a bit worse than him, id say im on day 5 or 6 now.

http://www.adultchickenpox.co.uk/

No, wife is ok, she went to the docs with me and had a blood test, she is immune.

Tough night last night, skin was on fire, never slept a wink.

It must be uncomfortable to lie down or have anything touching you.

I remember when I had it as a kid and it was awful.

I know its not funny at all but i've got visions of food and water being left outside your 'locked room' with a raging itchy beast inside. Is the room gona need decorating after? :D

Hope today goes a bit better for you bud :thumbs:

ha ha thats the funniest vision, as i was thinking something very similar.

the munk in mean machine :cool:

If its any help i had a bad night to. Woke at 2am with really bad heart burn. Got up to go to the bathroom to get some rennie, didnt bother to switch the lights on. The family has just got a 10 month old boxer and he has stayed with us the last couple of nights. Opened the bedroom door and noticed a smell, took 1 step out the room and 'squelch' Bare foot into a hot, wet, steaming crap

Was seriously not impressed. To top it off, Rocky the boxer, just raised his head from his bed, tilted it and made a suttle puppy murmour :D

if its any help i had a bad night to. Woke at 2am with really bad heart burn. Got up to go to the bathroom to get some rennie, didnt bother to switch the lights on. The family has just got a 10 month old boxer and he has stayed with us the last couple of nights. Opened the bedroom door and noticed a smell, took 1 step out the room and 'squelch' bare foot into a hot, wet, steaming crap

was seriously not impressed. To top it off, rocky the boxer, just raised his head from his bed, tilted it and made a suttle puppy murmour :D

:D

Yeah to be safe she dont come near me now, im locked in the spare room, she leaves food and water outside the door, been in here since sunday, cant see this getting better for a few days yet:(

This was a good read, the guy logged his ordeal, i seem to have it a bit worse than him, id say im on day 5 or 6 now.

http://www.adultchickenpox.co.uk/

Ouch! That was a good read. If you've got it worse, then I hope you are on those anti-histamine tablets!

right ok, Dr Shah is back. on some of the big itchy mother of spots put tooth paste on them. it will cool them and numb em out.

drink lots of water. the more you drink, the more you pi$$ the quicker all the infection will exit your system.

also if you have any very tight clothes, were them, it will keep your skin supressed a little and wont keep rubbing on the spots and then making u wana scratch them.