The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Audio Centre

Matt H

I ordered an Autoleads amp wiring kit from the above online company on the 5th. The first annoyance came after I had paid for the item & postage and only then did a message pop up saying that if I was not in when delivery was attempted, then I would have to pay the entire postage cost again to get it redelivered. Now considering the postage could have been anything up to 5 working days, this could have been an issue. Luckily for me, however, I chose my works address so I wouldn’t be getting stung there.

The postage was a bit steep at £7.48, but it came within 2 working days. The only problem.... it’s not what I ordered. Instead of the Autoleads product, there was a ‘Necom wiring kit’ in there. Now an alternative product doesn’t always mean a deal breaker, but this item has only a fraction of the wiring bits and bobs that the Autoleads kit had in it. It would have also been nice if this outfit had contacted me to see if this ‘alternative’ was acceptable.

I’ve sent a couple of emails via their ‘contact page’ email address but had nothing in the way of a response; either by return email or telephone. I would have tried calling them, but the only number listed is an 0871 number. Luckily for me, my car audio guys says he has the rest of the bits and bobs needed so we can make do with this Necom one, but I’d just like to warn anyone out there that is thinking of buying some audio gear online and has or will come across Car Audio Centre.

Unlucky dude, give it a few more days, then if they havnt replied send off another one email to them, a really snotting one though.

Are you close enough to drive over and see them?? or is it a company who trade just off the internet, so no real legal address so to speak??

Unlucky dude, give it a few more days, then if they havnt replied send off another one email to them, a really snotting one though.

Are you close enough to drive over and see them?? or is it a company who trade just off the internet, so no real legal address so to speak??

I do believe they have shop outlets dotted around, with one being in Manchester (not a million miles from me), but for what it's worth, there's little point in wasting any more time trying to resolve the matter. My audio guy says we can make do with what we've got.

Just wanted to post this up for the benefit of other members.

By far the worst company I've ever dealt with. They lost my 600 quid system when I sent it back under warranty. After numerous phone calls I got that pissed off I eventually gave up. I think in the end I received a new amplifier and that was it.

I couldn't really be arsed endlessly chasing them up over a couple of subs.

Matt if your stuck for a kit I've got one lying unopened FOC, just cover postage.

This is why I only buy from Car Audio Direct, they are affiliated with a car audio forum I'm on and have never let me down. They email my delivery date and even text me on t he day of delivery with my 2 hour delivery slot so I know to be in, great service

Guess it doesn't help you now but maybe for future reference?

They're a bunch of cowboys.

I was on holiday from work for a week and bought some speakers on the tuesday on a spur of the moment thing, getting the next day delivery so i could fit them while i had time off.

The speakers didn't turn up, and i got a message on the friday to give them a ring. I gave them a call and they said they didn't have the speakers that i had ordered any more, but have some others which they would do for the same price. I was on the net at the time and checked out other prices online while i was on the phone. I could get them cheaper elsewhere, i also wasn't too bothered about them by this time as it was my last day off work. I told him that i'd just take the refund, which he said was no bother and he would credit my account.

I got an e-mail confirming that they were cancelled.

The following week a pair of speakers turned up - the second set which he offered to me and i declined.

I called them up and explained that i didn't want the speakers as i could get them cheaper elsewhere. He asked if I would keep them if he could match the price i'd seen, and i agreed.

The partial refund didn't turn up, so i called them to get the usual response "i'll sort it out" etc. It still didn't turn up so i called again. This time i was told that i didn't send them a screen shot of the cheaper price so they couldn't process it. I went a bit mad down the phone and then sent him the screen shot. It still didn't turn up so i called again and he confirmed that he received the email and said he would pass it to the refund team.

It still didn't turn up :rolleyes:

I called again and was told the guy i had been dealing with had left the company. I was passed through to the after sales department and straight away a guy came on the phone with "They've been dispatched today mate, they should be with you tomorrow or the day after", I was amazed and asked him what had been dispatched? He proceeded to tell me that the component speakers which i received months ago had. :blink:

So i explained the situation to him, and he said he would sort it out. After the first blatent lie, i wasn't expecting anything... and i was right. I still haven't got it, and have now given up.

Matt if your stuck for a kit I've got one lying unopened FOC, just cover postage.

That's really generous of you mate :thumbs: I'll see how I get on with what I've got and what the Audio guy has got first. Really appreciate that btw :)

They're a bunch of cowboys.

I was on holiday from work for a week and bought some speakers on the tuesday on a spur of the moment thing, getting the next day delivery so i could fit them while i had time off.

The speakers didn't turn up, and i got a message on the friday to give them a ring. I gave them a call and they said they didn't have the speakers that i had ordered any more, but have some others which they would do for the same price. I was on the net at the time and checked out other prices online while i was on the phone. I could get them cheaper elsewhere, i also wasn't too bothered about them by this time as it was my last day off work. I told him that i'd just take the refund, which he said was no bother and he would credit my account.

I got an e-mail confirming that they were cancelled.

The following week a pair of speakers turned up - the second set which he offered to me and i declined.

I called them up and explained that i didn't want the speakers as i could get them cheaper elsewhere. He asked if I would keep them if he could match the price i'd seen, and i agreed.

The partial refund didn't turn up, so i called them to get the usual response "i'll sort it out" etc. It still didn't turn up so i called again. This time i was told that i didn't send them a screen shot of the cheaper price so they couldn't process it. I went a bit mad down the phone and then sent him the screen shot. It still didn't turn up so i called again and he confirmed that he received the email and said he would pass it to the refund team.

It still didn't turn up :rolleyes:

I called again and was told the guy i had been dealing with had left the company. I was passed through to the after sales department and straight away a guy came on the phone with "They've been dispatched today mate, they should be with you tomorrow or the day after", I was amazed and asked him what had been dispatched? He proceeded to tell me that the component speakers which i received months ago had. :blink:

So i explained the situation to him, and he said he would sort it out. After the first blatent lie, i wasn't expecting anything... and i was right. I still haven't got it, and have now given up.

That's a horrendous story :blink: That's got trading standards written all over it. I reckon they get away with most of their incompetence by hiding behind their premium rate number :grrr: