The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tube Strike

Shane

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least I will be a bit more prepared for next time once I have it.

Looks as though if I walk to Tot Ct road which is about half way the Northern line is OK so can get tube to Euston and walk down to St P. So hopefully only need to walk a couple of miles tonight.

I never use the tube if I can help it... I just use the bus or bike these days.

The Boris bikes are excellent once you get used to using them.. I use them all the time :)

They bring a whole new meaning to the term 'beer scooter'.. :innocent: (drinking and riding is baaad kids, don't try this at home)

Well at least I will be a bit more prepared for next time once I have it.

Looks as though if I walk to Tot Ct road which is about half way the Northern line is OK so can get tube to Euston and walk down to St P. So hopefully only need to walk a couple of miles tonight.

The Victoria Line is running so you are better off getting that from Green Park to Kings X

The Victoria Line is running so you are better off getting that from Green Park to Kings X

Oh when I last looked it wasnt! Great thanks. Green park is easy for me

EDIT: According to TFL it's not running along that part, only a tiny part of it miles away is running.

Oh when I last looked it wasnt! Great thanks. Green park is easy for me

EDIT: According to TFL it's not running along that part, only a tiny part of it miles away is running.

Hmm? I used it earlier but it didnt stop at Warren Street

Edit: I was right - Quoted from TFL "Suspended between Victoria and Brixton and between Seven Sisters and Walthamstow Central due to strike action. Minor delays are occurring on the rest of the line"

Does not affect Green Park to Finsbury Park

Hmm? I used it earlier but it didnt stop at Warren Street

Edit: I was right - Quoted from TFL "Suspended between Victoria and Brixton and between Seven Sisters and Walthamstow Central due to strike action. Minor delays are occurring on the rest of the line"

Does not affect Green Park to Finsbury Park

I will give it a try and let you know.

I was supposed to be attending a conference today in London, but due to the tube strike it got cancelled... I don't even need to get the tube. But it's been rescheduled for tomorrow, so that's not so bad. :)

And my boss uses Barclays bikes. Said they are heavy, but does the job and works well for the London environment. :)

I am at Blackfriars twice a week so count me in;)

:thumbs:

Maybe we should have a Supra Club pub meet one night in the City? A couple of cheeky ones before heading to our respective homes ;)

Sounds good! Or even go for a meal seeing as some of the bars in London you can hardly hear anyone!

Well done Andrew for suggesting to put this together, looking forward to it! :D

:thumbs:

Sounds good! Or even go for a meal seeing as some of the bars in London you can hardly hear anyone!

Well done Andrew for suggesting to put this together, looking forward to it! :D

I am happy to arrange something - as long as people give me an idea of what style of food they like and what their budget is, I'm sure I can find us a nice place ;)

I'm opposite the Guildhall most of the week, but do two morning sessions at Mayfair/Green Park - so Bank/Blackfriars area is suited to me ;).

The strike didn't affect me too much, although there was a mad queue of people getting into Waterloo East.

Maybe we should have a Supra Club pub meet one night in the City? A couple of cheeky ones before heading to our respective homes ;)

Good shout, count me in! I work just off the London Wall / Moorgate junction.

I'll go with the flow regarding choice of food. No £30 starters though, I'm not on an investment banker's salary! :D

I am happy to arrange something - as long as people give me an idea of what style of food they like and what their budget is, I'm sure I can find us a nice place ;)

I'm opposite the Guildhall most of the week, but do two morning sessions at Mayfair/Green Park - so Bank/Blackfriars area is suited to me ;).

I am up for anything, what about some good old Fish & Chips or a Curry?

I am in & out the country for the next few weeks though.

I see what you did there :D

I did laugh out loud at that. :D

The strike didn't affect me too much, although there was a mad queue of people getting into Waterloo East.

Good shout, count me in! I work just off the London Wall / Moorgate junction.

I'll go with the flow regarding choice of food. No £30 starters though, I'm not on an investment banker's salary! :D

Looks like quite a few of us near each other then. :thumbs:

I'm in London every bloody day, so I'm up for a meet.

I have offices in London Bridge, Moorgate, Old Street, Farringdon, Tottenham Court Road, Tower Hill and Elephant and Castle. So anywhere in London suits me.

There are some nice restaurants on the south bank next to Southwark Bridge. Also some nice pubs up near Hatton Garden.

So anywhere suits me, just not a Monday or Friday night.