Ricky49

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the dyno :)

Had an issue with traction on the dyno so it was very difficault to get a good reading.

We waited for the tyres to cool a bit so we could get the final figure but it still wasnt having it so Ryan had to strap it down very tight. It was so tight the tryes were almost on the spats and the car didnt squat as it was already in full squat :D

Really pleased with the result considering, we are going to take it to TDI to finish it off and get a proper reading. It drives really nice and holds its torque well all the way to redline.

Power was 673hp and 548ftlbs at 1.7 bar

The graph is a bit out as always, on the road it makes full boost in 4th gear at just under 4200rpm.

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Yep I'm well chuffed. I'm Like a kid in a sweet shop.

Had a drive of it today and had the biggest grin on my face ever, I even managed to make lee stomach jump lol. I was been a girl though and had the traction set in wet mode.

I just want to thank Lee for all his hard work and effort, Nancy for cleaning the engine bay and helping lee, jamiep for his advice and information, Phil for driving my car to the dyno as I had man flu, Paul Whiffin for suppling some parts and last but not least Ryan for him magic on the mapping.

I will get over to Lee's and do some photos later in the week.

Engine bay looks sweet! Congratulations on the result.

Have you thought about having all the stock gubbins mounting holes/brackets removed so the wings are completely smooth? I think this would make the engine look "stock" and as toyota intended it :)

It will be going in to Baldy and for body work but most of all I want the engine bay looking spot on, Lee has done his bit so now time for smoothing and paint work by baldy then down to me to keep it clean.

It was exciting. I was been a fanny and reserved.

Lee wanted to check something on he traction side of things so it had to be off and I didn't really punch it just more driving miss Daisy dont think it helped Lee.

It was really smooth and pulled all the way to the redline. One happy customer.

Interested what the tuning was like with the bosch 1600cc injectors? idle good? driveability good? hot/cold start?

I'm proberbly not the best to explain this mate as I don't do technical but when Lee started it this morning it flew into life.

It has the new Syvecs software on it Lee said there's a difference. On idle I couldn't notice much difference to when it was bpu.