The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road 2010.... 24th October!

JamieP

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame really as the day looked like delivering some great numbers, hope you guys get your cars sorted soon and am sure some will take the opportunity to build bigger and better

JP's car was looking the nuts too, gutted for him after all the effort thats gone into it one good run over 200 would have been only fair. Still JP its an awesome car and you will be back bigger and badder next year.

JP's car was looking the nuts too, gutted for him after all the effort thats gone into it one good run over 200 would have been only fair. Still JP its an awesome car and you will be back bigger and badder next year.

It's you bloody jinxing people again :p

I had a great time!

The first run was alongside JamieP, Hit boost in 3rd and the rear end went completely sideways @ 100MPH :D

I saw Jamie hit his rev Limiter @ 150+ and go sideways but unfortunately did not have the camera rolling!

The Old Supra was Perfect, I had never really stretched it's legs like that before, The Moss was a little bit worrying but the Supra just drove through it.

I could not believe just how long 6th gear is! It pulled 7500rpm in 5th then 6th was like hitting a brick wall! 400rpm increase over what seemed like a year! 172mph was only 6200rpm! The 1 mile braking run off soon ended :blink:

My Best ET was 30.47 seconds @ 171.99mph, I was looking foreward to the Rolling start but then it rained!

There should be some good footage to come from the weekend from Scott and my on car camera.

Our Round trip from Devon Was 719 Miles and apart from Being followed 15 Miles on the M4 by a police Helicopter (Waste of tax payers money...Imagine the fuel costs in doing that!) and the White car now being Black from Tyre rubber and Road Grit, It was All good :D

I cannot help but think that a 1.5Mile strip would have seen me in the 200mph club...Next time:eyebrows:

Thanks to Dude for the Coffee and cakes (Careful Dude your Hard man image is dwindling ;))

Thanks to RyanG for tweaking the Map and sorting out a few Idle issues i had..oh and adding some more fuel at 1.6Bar :D

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)