The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road 2010.... 24th October!

JamieP

Yeah, very hard on the cars these events, gutted for mike, he is talking about breaking it.

dont worry about me jamie im sure once ive calmed down abit ill see sense and sort it out i think it would be a shame to break this 1, if the damage is 2 bad i dont think ill have a choice ill cross that bridge when i get there.

apart from the obvious i didn't have a bad day and it was nice to meet some fellow members and put faces to names

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I see mention that the track for Thunder Road was less than ideal? Has it been a problem in the past? Obviously we are looking to run a Thunder Road there next year and would be interested to hear views on the track surface as at 200mph you dont want anything to upset the car.

Did I see mention that the track for Thunder Road was less than ideal? Has it been a problem in the past? Obviously we are looking to run a Thunder Road there next year and would be interested to hear views on the track surface as at 200mph you dont want anything to upset the car.

Yeah the track was dangerous for big power cars, bit like driving on grass:d

I won't run mine there again.

I believe the problem was due to damp conditions and moss on the track. I didn't go up it though, those that did will know more.

There's something strange about Gallardo accident. He was spinning all over the place last year and now the same thing happened.

The guy cant drive that's for sure. Spinning a 4WD car like that in the beginning. Did the same thing last year too.

Sure he wasn't just spinning all four wheels with the power?

And to top it of I'm still in the blooming AA truck:(

sorry to hear about the turbos bud, by the sounds of the road condition i suppose things could have been worse.

and tell me about bloody recovery trucks, on the way back from suprapod when my fan blade snapped i called the rac at 2pm and didn't get home till 1:30am! scuffed diffuser, and a lot of stress.. driver was on the phone to his boss saying "it's 2 inch off the ground, no one said i was picking up a race car"... LOL! i specifically asked for a low loader too but no..

Looks I will be keeping my fastest European Supra title for next summer ;)

I'm planning for some upgrades for next summer, so nopefully Jamie, Lee or myself will seta a new records next year :)

Well Amirs car will be back and thats allready gone well over 220 mph so that will have more to come so you have a big target to shoot for, I will go all out to get over 220 next year too. You can bet JP will come back with something wicked too.

Core what a day! I have only just got in, I only had one run in the morning when the main crank seal decided to give way. Game over, It was abit of a gutter really, first time out but like jamie says shit happens. Could have been worse could have still been on the recovery truck like jamie :D. I decided to take my chances in the end and drive it back as the AA people take the piss. I managed to get it back only using a gallon of oil. John at AFR will be sorting this during the week.