The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road 2010.... 24th October!

JamieP

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Track was terrible, covered in moss, nobody could get any traction.

Very dangerous out there, first run I lost my bottle and let off at .7 of a mile, rolled over the line at 179mph

Second run still loads wheel spin, I tried to keep my foot in but was starting to lose my nerve as the speeds was getting high, just thinking about letting off and pop, loads smoke.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Very dangerous out there, first run I lost my bottle and let off at .7 of a mile, rolled over the line at 179mph .

sorry to hear mate, but if you lost your bottle am sure many of others would of before you so am sure the track must of not been ideal..

i love RWD cars but for me if i ever was to keep one for myself with over 650bhp it would not be on the road after september,. saying that my 4wd car would be in hibernation from end of october,.

F@&k sake, made it clear I needed a low loader and they send a van, got to wait another 90 min now they reckon for a truck then a 3 hour drive to lee's and a another hour or to get home freezing my arse off on a bike:(

Why do they do that even when you tell them, so annoying.

3hours to think of which turbo to go for next.

I like the billet 76 so will most likely repair it, got a load of plans for it over the winter, Lee was due to pull the engine out next week anyhow as the head is coming off to be flowed and new cams.

Just a bit fed up now as I wanted that 200+ run:( the car can stay at lee's now till the spring.

I like the billet 76 so will most likely repair it, got a load of plans for it over the winter, Lee was due to pull the engine out next week anyhow as the head is coming off to be flowed and new cams.

Just a bit fed up now as I wanted that 200+ run:( the car can stay at lee's now till the spring.

you will get there mate..

Im worried about my turbo now :( Nothing i can do about it now lets see how long it lasts.. Gutted for the guys today.. :(

the way i see it is, the americans really push their turbos to the limits to get there desired target HP..(then IMO this reduces turbo life)

you might just have to aim a bit less boost mate to get more life of the turbo..

aa are just as bad with sending you lowloaders when you ask for them.

the pc/ac/water pump went and as it was a 4x4 and a rare jap import i knew it would need a loader is the guy in the van wouldnt have the part and he wouldnt be able to tow it. but the guy came in his van. took a 5 min look at it then went off again. meanwhile 4 low loaders came into the services carpark behind me (at the same time, not one after another and sat doing nothing/swapping cars) and we sat there for a couple of hours untill ours turned up very frustrating.