The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road 2010.... 24th October!

JamieP

I think that there will be more than 5 runs each , as for the low number which are running. all good

No, its five timed runs each mate, after that its passenger rides etc for the rest of the day, i think they also do rolling starts so you get a longer track to see how fast you can go.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys thanks for your support, at 4 cars running thats almost as many as from the HSV Forum, which is what it was intended to be for.

I guess the crunch is harder than I thought!!!!!

As the trophies are paid for seperately and by me I have decided to drop them from the event, there really isnt enough entries to justify the extra expense particuarally as I have guaranteed a minimum entry (ie min fee) to Javelin (hence the reason why the event has not been cancelled) Sorry if you were hoping to walk away with one, but at least you'll get to run more times than you can shake a stick at now.

Btw I have no financial interest in TR even if 60 cars show I would not recieve a penny, I just want to run an event for high performance cars over a distance longer than a 1/4 mile and don't have enough time to hire staff and negotiate deals with the MOD, which is why I approached Javelin to do all the leg work, so I hope you understand about the Trophies.

I look forward to seeing you all there, hope some of you can make the Hotel on the Sat night.

Jez

I saw this about more runs than you can shake a stick at

Guest crisisjez

Still just the 5 'official' runs before free play regardless of numbers:D

Jamie, hope your cars ok and it is just the seals. At that boost level I'd say anything more serious would lead to a terminal failure in short order.

Hope we arn't going to start some kind of weird 'car's off the road' tag team

Edited by crisisjez (see edit history)

No more runners?:(

Still just the 5 'official' runs before free play regardless of numbers:D

Jamie, hope your cars ok and it is just the seals. At that boost level I'd say anything more serious would lead to a terminal failure in short order.

Hope we arn't going to start some kind of weird 'car's off the road' tag team

Fingers crossed mine should be fine for the day mate, it will be coming off the road the week after to be sorted, is yours all ok then? i dont see Harrys name on the list, is he running?

No probs Ash:)

Running list.

1. JamieP................. Payment sent

2. Mark Newman........Payment sent

3. jimmenico............ Payment sent

4. mikeyh.............. Payment sent

5. Jay_nw

6. Suprahuman

Spectator list

1. scottc998

2. s crane.............. payment confirmed

Guest crisisjez
No more runners?:(

Fingers crossed mine should be fine for the day mate, it will be coming off the road the week after to be sorted, is yours all ok then? i dont see Harrys name on the list, is he running?

Hopefully, otherwise I'll have to share the Missus's 996tt.

I think Harrys working (he works in Luxembourg I think)

On the day its open for scruiteneering from 8:30am, racing starts at 10am, i plan on getting there about 9am so will be leaving home at 7am sharp if anyone wants to meet up for the drive up.

I will be getting on the M40 at Junc 2, then onto the M25, getting off at the A12.

Jamie.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

How many cameras do you plan to take onboard?

Hopefully a couple (one forwards facing and one backwards) if i can figure out how to use my gopro, at the moment i can only get pictures from it.

scottc998 is going to be doing some footage an all, hoping to be able to get permission to get him near the finish line.

On the day its open for scruiteneering from 8:30am, racing starts at 10am, i plan on getting there about 9am so will be leaving home at 7am sharp if anyone wants to meet up for the drive up.

I will be getting on the M40 at Junc 2, then onto the M25, getting off at the A12.

Jamie.

Im in colchester can meet you on the a12 :)