The mkiv Supra Owners Club

That cat didn't get the worst of it...

Attero

So if we are meat eaters, then we have no right to criticise any form of animal cruelty.

So if we are tax payers, therefore we have no right to criticise the government.

We are human beings so we have no right to criticise other's that wage war.

Hypocrisy's is a double edged sword;)

That's just ridiculous! :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone would like to see how animals are treated on the way to your plates then have a look at most of the stuff that PETA put online. If you're feeling really tough then find a film called Earthlings and watch that.

Film. Earthlings. Watch.

I eat Halal meat so I'm sure Earthlings doesn't apply to me :D

I eat Halal meat so I'm sure Earthlings doesn't apply to me :D

I always avoid try to avoid Halal meat whenever I buy from an outlet as I don't agree the method of slaughter. I never go to a takeout that publicises the use of Halal meat, but I guess I'm hypocritical in that sense as some of the methods employed by normal slaughter houses are probably no better or worse.

Still, there's no point in walking out in front of the bus on purpose :)

Oh how come you don't like the method of slaughter? Slit the throat, miminum pain...job done. Then its Doner Kebab time!

It's not minimal pain though is it; in most western countries, animals must be stunned first before being killed, but an exception is made for religious practices such as Halal. It’s unnecessary and I don't agree with it.

I also don't agree with a donar kebab but that's another story!! :D

In the end of the day, she did not kill the puppies for food. She was laughing and enjoying what she was doing. If she was filming herself throwing oap's into the river you would all be horrified.

What she done was just as bad. She was killing / torturing the puppies for pleasure. So debating on killing animals that are bread for the specific reason and on the hideous action towards the puppy is irrelevant really. Ones for survival and the other was not.

In the end of the day, she did not kill the puppies for food. She was laughing and enjoying what she was doing. If she was filming herself throwing oap's into the river you would all be horrified.

What she done was just as bad. She was killing / torturing the puppies for pleasure. So debating on killing animals that are bread for the specific reason and on the hideous action towards the puppy is irrelevant really. Ones for survival and the other was not.

I wouldn't eat a dog dish in Korea, nothing to do with it being a 'pet' in my eyes, I'm all for trying new things, but dogs are beaten to death because the fear fills the meat with adrenaline giving it a nicer flavour - I don't want to be a part of that cruelty.

There are plenty of videos of animal cruelty from across the world, they all make me angry as this video has, it's a far cry from chickens, cows and lambs being slaughtered in the UK as it's all very humane and the animal feels nothing at all!

So if we are meat eaters, then we have no right to criticise any form of animal cruelty.

So if we are tax payers, therefore we have no right to criticise the government.

We are human beings so we have no right to criticise other's that wage war.

Hypocrisy's is a double edged sword;)

That doesn't make any sense?

If you're a tax payer of course you have a right to criticise the government?

Oh how come you don't like the method of slaughter? Slit the throat, miminum pain...job done. Then its Doner Kebab time!

Slitting an animal's throat isn't a particularly nice way to go? is it?

So if she happily slit their throats and ate them it would be OK?

So if she happily slit their throats and ate them it would be OK?

Some nations eat dogs so to them yes.

Generally we dont eat dogs over here so to us no.

I find her actions unacceptable, she is obviously getting pleasure from probably killing the animals. She should be punished as she is a sandwich short of a picnic.

I enjoy eating meat, i dont enjoy killing the animals, big difference.