The mkiv Supra Owners Club

That cat didn't get the worst of it...

Attero

Sorry but how is this any worse than the billions of lives that are ended every single year in the meat and dairy industries? Throw a puppy in a river or send a cow to slaughter. Both are intentional although one can be conveniently forgotten about in order to satisfy ones own greed.

If you recognise one form of abuse then you need to recognise the rest.

Its hypocritical isn't it.

Human nature - we favour the cute and furry animals but slaughter the tasty ones.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hypocritical isn't it.

Human nature - we favour the cute and furry animals but slaughter the tasty ones.

FWIW, I'd eat a lizard if it tasted enough like chicken. It's part of my nature, and the reason I have such varied teeth :D

There's cruelty to animals for no reason, and then there's cruelty to animals as part of a food chain.

I wonder if there are any other animals who eat animals? Certainly. But are there animals who hurt other animals for fun?

That's the difference.

But are there animals who hurt other animals for fun?

Both Killer Whales and Sharks will often play with their food before eating it. For example, flipping a seal about several times before killing it.

Oh, and you need to do some reading. There are so many holes in the arguments you made that I can't even think where to begin with them.

Both Killer Whales and Sharks will often play with their food before eating it. For example, flipping a seal about several times before killing it.

Oh, and you need to do some reading. There are so many holes in the arguments you made that I can't even think where to begin with them.

They told you they're enjoying it, did they? :D

If you're saying what these people do is completely sane and acceptable then perhaps you should re-investigate your own position rather than telling me I should read more. I've done enough reading to entertain my own thoughts on the matter.

They told you they're enjoying it, did they? :D

If you're saying what these people do is completely sane and acceptable then perhaps you should re-investigate your own position rather than telling me I should read more. I've done enough reading to entertain my own thoughts on the matter.

Of course it's not sane or acceptable. However, as Ed points out there is a massive hypocrisy present whenever Omnis comment on this kind of thing.

So lets get this straight, unless we are complete vegetarians and play no part in the food industry, farming, fishing, eat jelly etc, we are not allowed to have an opinion on animal cruelty, because we would all be hypocrites,

well that takes care of the majority then.:)

Not really. I believe it's better (although infuriating) to recognise that hypocrisy than to pretend that ones diet is not responsible for suffering and death, even if you do nothing about it.

Veganism is pretty unusual and is a massive step to take. Perhaps too massive for most people although I think that, if they were to read up on it and sincerely want to stop animal cruelty etc then it's actually a pretty easy move.

Skin the bitch and throw her in a salt bath, then after that scrape some needles against her bones, and just for good measure, insert some barbed wire in a tube, stick it up her arse and then remove the tube and let the bitch pull it out herself, She does not deserve to live.

Skin the bitch and throw her in a salt bath, then after that scrape some needles against her bones, and just for good measure, insert some barbed wire in a tube, stick it up her arse and then remove the tube and let the bitch pull it out herself, She does not deserve to live.

Are you Bret Easton Ellis?

Not really. I believe it's better (although infuriating) to recognise that hypocrisy than to pretend that ones diet is not responsible for suffering and death, even if you do nothing about it.

Veganism is pretty unusual and is a massive step to take. Perhaps too massive for most people although I think that, if they were to read up on it and sincerely want to stop animal cruelty etc then it's actually a pretty easy move.

True enough.

Not sure it's to the point though.

This video was really upsetting - and I'm sure that was it's intention.

She's making her point in a pretty fecked up way though - if she is making a point as opposed to the well researched idea that puppies bowncing off rocks are unlikely to live.

I'm all for positive action - but this seems disingenious to me. Makes me sick in fact.

Not angry - well, yes angry. But mainly sick.

:(

Almost totally with RedM here - the hypocrisy manifesting as actual physical threats on another human is actually quite scary reading. The pack mentality of people (who seem to want to be "outraged" more and more these days) is rather frightening.

I only wish I had the willpower to actually give up meat eating, but I'm afraid I like it more than I care about cruelty to animals, I guess. Sorry! :(

I would probably also try to hang on to the "food chain" argument if I was actually going out, catching them and killing them with my bare hands, but no - I am paying someone else to farm them, and force them to live their short, miserable lives packed shoulder to shoulder, knee-deep in their own sh*t.