The mkiv Supra Owners Club

auto to manual conversions< neutral start switch ect

johnd-mkiv

You'll need to do the wiring mod on the gearbox plug (can't recall what it needs now, but there are some threads on the forum discussing it)

I don't beleive there are any other changes needed to the wiring and the stock auto ECU should work fine with the manual. I recall something about it retarding timing very near the rev limit but that shouldn't cause an issue in mid range.

Dude or Keron will know I am sure..

lol from what I have read it needs the neutral start switch connected so the ecu knows the cars cranking but it will run disconnected as mine does, on the 1jz the sta wire and nsw as seen on the ecu pin out below need to be connected or the car splutters like mine.

http://www.clickdesign.co.uk/supradupra/html/1jz_wiring.html

This post describes the problems im having, the STA wire up in here is simple enough but the NSW wire im unsure of wiring as my engine loom runs to a kit car style loom with no NSW wire to pick up from.

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?p=870699#post870699

heres a wire diagram of the nsw

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=038

Looks to me like both wires splice into the ignition trigger wire, I have tried this but the car brings up the water temp sensor code for the ECU

Im now thinking once the car had cranked an runs these wires will now be running to earth, but shouldnt as the above post describes running to a relay.

Im no electrician :D but if some one can help me theres a few beers in it im sooooooooooo close to finnishing this car now and believe this to be the problem.

I have changed

coil packs

plugs

ignitor

coil pack clips checked and terminals tightened for a better conection

crank angle sensor

water temp sensor

set up tps from a toyota manual

checked, cam pos sensors and map sensors with a meter all in tolerance

The aeromotive FPR ignition on is showing just under 4 bar when running around 3 1/2 bar

Profec B boost controller is showing 1.2 bar of boost with 10% gain

blanked the BOV off just in case that was letting by still same.

None of those links above work mate but from looking at the diagrams i have you need to link the NSW wire from the ecu to the ST1 output on your ignition barrel.

Then the STA input on the ecu needs to go through the the Neutral switch but to bypass it at the moment just give 12v to the STA pin on the ecu.

I would have said they go the other way around but from looking at the wiring diagrams it seems the above is correct.

Ryan