The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Call of Duty: Black Ops PC or PS3

a98pmalcolm

Ok I’m in a ponder at the moe regarding Call of Duty: Black Ops..

Now I’m a PC gamer and been playing 1st person soot'ems for as long as I can remember on PC. But since this whole multiplayer thing kicked of some years back, more of my friends do it on consoles, x-box, playstation etc...

Now what I’m undecided in is.... Do i get the game on PC and be good at it as it’s my natural game play.... Or do I get it on PS3 so i can play with all my mates but have to start all over again at playing 1st person with a controller rather than mouse and keyboard thats im used to? I'll obviously get better with practice!

Thoughts and a poll :)

Thanks

Paul

Xbox. Although if I had to choose one of the above id go for pc. From what I hear though, pc call of dutys are even worse than normal consoles for hacks and cheats...

A lot of people think that the hacks and cheats completely ruin the game so If you want to avoid wallhacks etc, ps3 are a lot harder to mod than the xbox and pc...

I would actually say - this hurts to say - go with your PS3. The thing I've found is unless you've got a top end PC it might struggle with the spec and unless you've got a good graphics card you'll be hard pressed to compete with the PS3's graphic content.

It's also my personal belief that as much as the Xbox and Playstation is plagued by the odd cheating tw*t - the PC is far harder to protect. I think back in the day the only decent thing you could use as a gamer on Medal of Honour or even Day of Defeat was Punkbuster and it would be so easy to get round that.

I think it depends on how much of a hardcore player you want to be. Playing on consoles with analogue sticks is fine if you just want to play your mates online or pick up the game now and again whereas if you want to play a first person shooter as it should be played there is no substitute for using mouse and keyboard, but you might have trouble findig friends to play you on there.

Graphics-wise though I'd have to steer towards PC though as the hardware is nearly 4 years ahead of even the PS3. I'll be playing this at 1920x1200 with everything on high, antialiasing etc which the PS3/XBOX can't handle unfortunately.

As for mods/hacks - I'm all for these when you have dedicated servers for them as this usually keeps the hackers at bay and also allows everyone else to connect to these servers when they want to have a muck about. Don't forget, some great games have been born from mods/hacks - counterstrike being an example of this.

PS3 for me, purely because my PC won't play it as its pretty old.

Although my bro hasn't picked it up MW2 up for a while on PC simply due to the hacks. 2 off the top of my head are: a) he'd prestiged twice and about to get to 70 the 3rd time, something happened during the game and made everyone prestige 10 level 70 so everything he'd done was a waste og time and b) just general hacks in general ie low gravity, paintball balls when shooting, constant care packages etc etc. Just really made it a frustration to play when you want a 'proper' game. Maybe COD black ops will be different but he's said he'll more than likely be getting the next on a console. Yes there are still hacks on consoles but at least these tend to get fixed/patched. I'd never even heard of everyone getting to prestige 10 lvl 70 on a console...? If they did it was due to them doing it themselves, not some random person in the same game as you.

And im hoping Black Ops will have 'PS Move' support... The socom demo looks quality with that with pin point accuracy.

I would actually say - this hurts to say - go with your PS3. The thing I've found is unless you've got a top end PC it might struggle with the spec and unless you've got a good graphics card you'll be hard pressed to compete with the PS3's graphic content.

It's also my personal belief that as much as the Xbox and Playstation is plagued by the odd cheating tw*t - the PC is far harder to protect. I think back in the day the only decent thing you could use as a gamer on Medal of Honour or even Day of Defeat was Punkbuster and it would be so easy to get round that.

I custom built my PC is a gaming machine! lol no worries about running anything... iv crossfired 2 ATI 1GB cards, quod core prosessors, 8 GB ram ect....

Go with PS3- even though its inferior to the 360 :D

Shush u... we dont wanna get that all started! Just for now stop kidding your self ;) thanks for the opinion though...

ahhh Its 50/50. Just got off a few hour sesh on MW2 on PC... Hacks are sooo anoying. but its nice when every1 is genuine. My PC will produce better graphics than the consoles but im still undisided.... Will await more opinions from fellow supra owners :)

A ban.... 1st i herd of it! Sad news when the worlds reality ristict VR experience!

Is Black ops not in the process of fighting a ban on release? It has something to do with the game content because you can play the taliban and kill Brit soldiers.

Not sure if its true though.

Yep :(

It's the new Medal of Honor that's possibly getting banned lads :)