The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another tattoo thread.

tbourner

A place in Worthing mate Southcoast tattoos I think. My brother in law is covered in them and won't go anywhere else, his brother and dad go there aswell.

I used to go a place in Preston when I lived there and they were very good but it's 5hours away.

Preston Lancs? curious as to which one if so.

Mike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a rough design for something that I'd like to get on my arm. I've been through a few sketches and this is the best one (design wise, it's a flaky image).

What do you lot think? I've never had one before and am sh*t-scared of needles, so I'm just hoping I don't pass out or throw up or something - is there anything they can do for wussy types like me?

Also, how long does it take? This is a B/W simple design and only about 3" square.

Alrite mate i have 6 tattoos at the min they dont hurt they just get uncomtable after few hours, i have a dragon on my chest which took 10hours work had it done over two 5 hour sessions and didnt hurt, iam sure with a tattoo that size you will be fine should be done in hour maybe less

Take a couple Tylenol or Advil, make sure you eat something, and if they don't already play loud music (which most tattoo studio's do) bring your Ipod with some noise canceling headphones. I fall asleep while getting stuck with the needle but like everyone says, different people have different pain thresholds. I've got the top of my foot, inside of my arm, rib cage, shoulder blade, and shoulder cuff tattoo'd.. if a chick can do that, you can handle it buddy!! :D Oh, and I have 12 tat's total... just go for it :p

Take a couple Tylenol or Advil, make sure you eat something, and if they don't already play loud music (which most tattoo studio's do) bring your Ipod with some noise canceling headphones. I fall asleep while getting stuck with the needle but like everyone says, different people have different pain thresholds. I've got the top of my foot, inside of my arm, rib cage, shoulder blade, and shoulder cuff tattoo'd.. if a chick can do that, you can handle it buddy!! :D Oh, and I have 12 tat's total... just go for it :p

All good advice, thanks for that Lola.

Just need to decide what I'm after now!

ian, the best bet is find a decent tattoo studio near you and go and ask/talk to them about it and tell them you take a while longer to heal, they will be the best people to tell you bud, if you do go for it, use cocoa butter. Thats what i use and it dosnt take as long to heal and smells good! lol

I tend to use Bepanthen on mine and they start to flake in about 5-6 days and are fully healed in about 10-12 days. I usually switch to moisturiser after a week of healing

In terms of pain, I am in the process of getting a full leg sleeve, the bottom half is done (back of knee was bad) but I have just had the top of my inner thigh done (about 3" from the crown jewels :blink:) and boy did that hurt, not looking forward to having the background all coloured in :D