The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another tattoo thread.

tbourner

I've done a rough design for something that I'd like to get on my arm. I've been through a few sketches and this is the best one (design wise, it's a flaky image).

What do you lot think? I've never had one before and am sh*t-scared of needles, so I'm just hoping I don't pass out or throw up or something - is there anything they can do for wussy types like me?

Also, how long does it take? This is a B/W simple design and only about 3" square.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really nice design. I'v wanted a tattoo for ages myself but never could decide on what to get or where to get it. I have no idea about what they can do for your fear of needles maybe just a talk before prior, a hand to squeeze and a towel in mouth :D Good luck!

PS Make sure you use a reputable tattooist

Its not sore its a bareable discomfort thats all. Depends on who does it theres not a lot of detail in that design imo maybe 3hrs. What size roughly are you thinking of? 1hr for the outline then the shading for 2 possibly. Take a magazine or ipod with you and a bottle of water as it will make you dry with the stress of your first ink.

people have different pain thresh holds, i have 6 now that took time wise from 45mins - 3 hours worth of ink! when i went for my first tattoo i was like you and was scared, but once your in the chair your ok, like as said above, drink water while your there, since its your first tattoo the artist will (or should) stop half way through for you and ask how your feeling and/or give you water (mine did anyway)

that design you have made i would say it would take around an hour to do, its nothing to detailed so will be easy in the eyes of the artist. have you got a place in mind where you wnt to put it? both my arms have 3 each and the last one is a half sleave coming from my bottom of my neck to my elbow (check the link in my sig for pics) hope this helps dude!

You really do want it bigger than 3" square.

After so long the ink will spread & at that size it will just look like a black blob. The most important thing you can do is research your artist, make sure they use shading ink not a load of lining ink, as that will crack over time and look like something you got on holiday :(

As for the pain IT WILL HURT.......how much depends on you :p

Depends where you go for how long it will take! With regards to pain again depends where you get it on your arm and what your pain threshold is like! If you go to a good place they will design it for you for free, i took a couple of pictures in, had a chat with them and the design they came up with was better then i could of ever drawn!

Make sure you have a sugar hit before you go in. Chocolate, Pepsi/coke while your having it done.

The pain isnt that bad I had a 3 hour session on my back it just feels like a bee sting or burning feeling.

Im back in next friday for a 6hour sitting for a piece for the love of my new daughter and my dead grandparents - shoulder to my elbow and back of arm. Pepsi and Snickers already bought.

Good look with it all. They are addictive so I will look forward to your next post of your second.

I've done a rough design for something that I'd like to get on my arm. I've been through a few sketches and this is the best one (design wise, it's a flaky image).

What do you lot think? I've never had one before and am sh*t-scared of needles, so I'm just hoping I don't pass out or throw up or something - is there anything they can do for wussy types like me?

Also, how long does it take? This is a B/W simple design and only about 3" square.

Use EMLA cream you won't feel a thing

Make sure you have a sugar hit before you go in. Chocolate, Pepsi/coke while your having it done.

The pain isnt that bad I had a 3 hour session on my back it just feels like a bee sting or burning feeling.

Im back in next friday for a 6hour sitting for a piece for the love of my new daughter and my dead grandparents - shoulder to my elbow and back of arm. Pepsi and Snickers already bought.

Good look with it all. They are addictive so I will look forward to your next post of your second.

:iagree: the pain does feel like that and also about how addictive thy are lol, i always said i would have 1, ive now got 6 and want more lol

I want a full sleeve on both arms and my legs done from the knee down. But I always think about what it will look like when I'm 60+.

why would you care about what it looks like when your 60? just means you will have had many years of enjoyment out of them. plus a great memory of when you had them done. :)

Got a pic of this new one mate? sounds great - pm if you prefer ;)

They are very addictive though, i have 21 in total now and going back for a sleeve from elbow and all over shoulder next month.

i always take a can of coke and a mars bar EVERY time without fail :D