The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just Unbelievable - Madness in the fast lane!!

edinlexusV8

I've not seen the show, but I was told one of the girls went on to stab and kill someone and then jump into the motorway again from a bridge. She said she couldn't remember anything about the events and the diagnosis was 'temporary madness'.

I really want to watch it.

No you're probably right. I can see why they would not have seen the 3 lanes of vehicles screaming towards them at 70mph. It was likely just an error in judgement.... :rolleyes:

":rolleyes:" indeed.

If you watched the program you'd see that one of them (whilst injured in the middle of the road and being tended to by emergency services) was screaming something to her sister about them 'trying to steal your organs'. In which case it would seem that she at least was delusional and in running across the 3 lanes of traffic was attempting to save her own life, not end it and therefore not attempting to 'commit suicide'.

PDQ

":rolleyes:" indeed.

If you watched the program you'd see that one of them (whilst injured in the middle of the road and being tended to by emergency services) was screaming something to her sister about them 'trying to steal your organs'. In which case it would seem that she at least was delusional and in running across the 3 lanes of traffic was attempting to save her own life, not end it and therefore not attempting to 'commit suicide'.

PDQ

I have watched the program, twice. You must have missed the bit where they tried to throw themselves in front of the cars BEFORE the cops turned up. If that was a misguided attempt at a sunday stroll across a motorway, then they probably would have learned the first time, but oh noooo.

Have a look at the first girl who runs. Her careful analysis of the traffic before timing her injection under the big truck (which she couldn't have missed) really gives away her intent to end up being squished by said truck. I can't see any catagory you can file that under apart from "suicide", delusional or not.

No drugs. No drink. Apparently it's a mental disorder that comes in pairs. One person seems to get it and infects another. It lasts for up to 2-3 weeks.

This sounds like a good plot for a future thriller ;)

You must say it all in that movie trailer guy voice!

No drugs....... [flash of a random scene]

No drinks..... [flash of another random scene]

Apparently....it's a mental disorder....[/increase dramatic voice]that...comes...in...pairs! [dramatic music + more random screens]

Coming this Winter!

:D

I have watched the program, twice. You must have missed the bit where they tried to throw themselves in front of the cars BEFORE the cops turned up. If that was a misguided attempt at a sunday stroll across a motorway, then they probably would have learned the first time, but oh noooo.

Have a look at the first girl who runs. Her careful analysis of the traffic before timing her injection under the big truck (which she couldn't have missed) really gives away her intent to end up being squished by said truck. I can't see any catagory you can file that under apart from "suicide", delusional or not.

You are inferring an intention (which you can't observe) from their actions (which you can).That inference is based on what you, or any other rational person, might be intending by throwing themselves under a lorry.

You don't know whether they are trying to commit suicide, or under the impression that they will only hurt but not kill themselves, demonstrating their new super-powers (delusions of grandeur), exorcising demons, proving that the world doesn't exist (delusions of nihilism), or any of a hundred other scenarios.

Knocking herself on the head doesn't add to the suicide idea, as many people with thought disturbances have done similar actions. They may be attempting to stop thought broadcasting, thought insertion, hallucinatory voices or images etc.

Of course, the idea that the girls were delusional is also an inference, but they were screaming for the police (while being held down by the police), and for help, and that their organs are about to be stolen.

You are inferring an intention (which you can't observe) from their actions (which you can).That inference is based on what you, or any other rational person, might be intending by throwing themselves under a lorry.

You don't know whether they are trying to commit suicide, or under the impression that they will only hurt but not kill themselves, demonstrating their new super-powers (delusions of grandeur), exorcising demons, proving that the world doesn't exist (delusions of nihilism), or any of a hundred other scenarios.

Knocking herself on the head doesn't add to the suicide idea, as many people with thought disturbances have done similar actions. They may be attempting to stop thought broadcasting, thought insertion, hallucinatory voices or images etc.

Of course, the idea that the girls were delusional is also an inference, but they were screaming for the police (while being held down by the police), and for help, and that their organs are about to be stolen.

To be honest, all that was vastly overshadowed by the fact that these were the first 2 ugly, blonde Swede's Ive ever seen... :(