The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The biggest loser, MKIV style

The Raven

Back on it from tomorrow, have had chest infections and yes man flu over the last 2 months so a little wieght has fallen back on, especially with x-mas, started at 16-8, 12 months ago, and went down to 14-3, then hit a brick wall and couldnt loose any more, went on holdiay etc and crept upto 14-11, before x-mas i was 15-3 an am now 15-8, so tomorrow we start again, aiming to get down to 14 stone and then on the weights. so from tomorrow 3 times a week at the gym and 3 meal and 2 snacks a day o speed the old metab up. i hve never eaten properly, and gone to the gym at the same time, wish us luck, lol

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on it from tomorrow, have had chest infections and yes man flu over the last 2 months so a little wieght has fallen back on, especially with x-mas, started at 16-8, 12 months ago, and went down to 14-3, then hit a brick wall and couldnt loose any more, went on holdiay etc and crept upto 14-11, before x-mas i was 15-3 an am now 15-8, so tomorrow we start again, aiming to get down to 14 stone and then on the weights. so from tomorrow 3 times a week at the gym and 3 meal and 2 snacks a day o speed the old metab up. i hve never eaten properly, and gone to the gym at the same time, wish us luck, lol

Good luck! :thumbs:

I seem to have the opposite problem, I cant seem to gain weight no matter what I try, I've tried eating fatty foods, protein drinks, weight gainers, beer lots of beer but I can't get above 13st, I seem to say around 12/12.5. now I realise some people may be thinking you luky b@stard but its not good for trying to gain bulk for the gym.

I seem to have the opposite problem, I cant seem to gain weight no matter what I try, I've tried eating fatty foods, protein drinks, weight gainers, beer lots of beer but I can't get above 13st, I seem to say around 12/12.5. now I realise some people may be thinking you luky b@stard but its not good for trying to gain bulk for the gym.

One day your metabolism will slow down and you'll become a fat f*ck :D

My mate has the same problem. He tries to bulk but nothing he does ever puts any weight on him.

im off for my first run in the morning around our local country estate.Gave up smoking just over 2 months ago and now its time for the weight to come off and the ticker to get healthier.Think im about 18st give or take a bit.Going to try and get as many people to do it as i can.Aim is to do some sort of charity run this year to give something back.

overall i want to loose 5st if its possible or just get down to a 34 waist will be ok for a bit.

think i need to start a bit smaller as i have bad knees anyway.

Join a gym and try and crosstrainer dude. I have bad knees from Rugby and American Football. And a bad shoulder. I have to ice my knee after a run. Cross trainers provide just under the calorie burning power of running (nothing is better than a good run) with little impact to knees, my friend

Do lots of stretching and ply work. Strengthen your joints. Take supplements to help joints; cod liver oil and glucosamine sulphate - both available from Tesco.

Oh and one more thing - ONE DAY AT A TIME :) :) You can't lose weight over night - but if you do, let me know ;)

Cardio yesterday. Did 5 min row warmup, 30 mins crosstrainer and then an hour run, averaging around 10km/h. Not bad for my second week back hard at it

Will post weight when I have the balls to check ;)

How is everyone else coming? Has everyone set goals? Only way to achieve weight loss imho is to say "X kg by July" for example

Still around the 16st mark. I've not set a goal weight-wise. I will be happy when I can sit down with no shirt on not worry about having to lean back :p

I'm off to the Isle of Wight as my whole family are going in April so I'm going to be happy with how I look by then :)

Eating at least 5-6 times a day will keep your metabolism higher... 3 major meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) with healthy snacks in between... maybe a protein shake for lunch with some almonds or an apple. Also, always drink cold water verse room temp water. Your body burns up more calories warming the water to your body temp compared to something already warm. Working out every day may actually cause negative results... I do a 4 on 1 off that way I give my body time to recover and only running on the first and 3rd day of a workout routine while doing weight training each day--switching from legs, to arms and back, to abs etc. If you want effective, long lasting results, you've got to incorporate weights into your workouts :) Switch it up, shock your body... you'll definitely see a difference!

OK crash dieted this week so far for 6 days with a 7 day plan on porridge 50 grams dry in the morning made with water and salt and 100 grams of long grain rice laced with tabasco a couple of peas and some raisins that's a hefty 500 calorie a day diet. Strangely I haven't felt at all hungry despite slashing 2000 calories off at least a day. I dropped from 15 stone 1.5 pounds to 14 stone by end of play day 6. I hope to take another 3 or 4 pound off before the weigh in tomorrow evening.

Next week I start exercising. I'll start with 2 mile runs daily and try and push that out to 3 in a couple of weeks whilst attempting to stick to a 1500 calorie diet that I've spent a bit of time sorting out with the other half. I may well smash in a week of the 500 calorie diet every month until I can fit back in my 28" waist fire traps I adore so much.

OK crash dieted this week so far for 6 days with a 7 day plan on porridge 50 grams dry in the morning made with water and salt and 100 grams of long grain rice laced with tabasco a couple of peas and some raisins that's a hefty 500 calorie a day diet. Strangely I haven't felt at all hungry despite slashing 2000 calories off at least a day. I dropped from 15 stone 1.5 pounds to 14 stone by end of play day 6. I hope to take another 3 or 4 pound off before the weigh in tomorrow evening.

Next week I start exercising. I'll start with 2 mile runs daily and try and push that out to 3 in a couple of weeks whilst attempting to stick to a 1500 calorie diet that I've spent a bit of time sorting out with the other half. I may well smash in a week of the 500 calorie diet every month until I can fit back in my 28" waist fire traps I adore so much.

Damn, that's a major drop in calorie intake. Have you checked with a doctor first that your body can handle it?

Nice weight loss though! Just gotta hope it stays off when you stop training so hard or when you start eating right again.