The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The biggest loser, MKIV style

The Raven

Funny I have the opposite issue, I'm trying to gain weight!!

I struggle to eat as I just don't like eating out and can't stand sweets/biscuits and cakes and bad food. I like the odd burger now and then but couldn't eat them all the time.

Strange how people have different problems.

I had a sweet shop in my late teens and after eating 6 chocolate bars a day for 2 years its put me off sweet food for life. Hate them. Maybe you guys should employ that tactic.. :p

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny I have the opposite issue, I'm trying to gain weight!!

I struggle to eat as I just don't like eating out and can't stand sweets/biscuits and cakes and bad food. I like the odd burger now and then but couldn't eat them all the time.

Strange how people have different problems.

I had a sweet shop in my late teens and after eating 6 chocolate bars a day for 2 years its put me off sweet food for life. Hate them. Maybe you guys should employ that tactic.. :p

Man ive always wanted to be on a gain weight effort.......lucky sod.

Ben and jerrys phish ice cream was offer at tesco today, i walked on past it muttering.......

Man ive always wanted to be on a gain weight effort.......lucky sod.

Ben and jerrys phish ice cream was offer at tesco today, i walked on past it muttering.......

Man I force feed myself in bodybuilding seasons. Hate food. Hate eating.

I think its because when I was young we were so so poor I grew up eating meals just to line the stomach not because of the enjoyable taste.

Rice and butter/white bread with jam was my main diet when I was a kid. So never really grew to like food. Just saw it as a means to living. And that's how it was until I was about 13.

Well despite my efforts to get back into somekind of shape im still around 18 and half stone. Weight lifting in my past then stopped and turned into fat.

Muscle wont turn into fat, they are two completely different tissues. When your weight lifting stopped you lost muscle and the extra calories you had to eat were probably stored as fat if you carried on with your diet after you stopped:p

Get back in the gym mate....best thing ive ever done....I suffer on the opposite end of the spectrum and find it hard to keep weight on despite eating like a machine. Since ive got back down there and built myself up again I feel so much happier being at the weight I am now. Once you start hitting it hard the calories you burn will be insane. My advice would be limit your carb intake and hit the weights hard with big intake of protein post workout and as soon as you get up in the morning and try and eat 6 smaller meals a day with a equal balance of carbs, fat and protein but slightly more protein if you can ;)

good luck dude

Muscle wont turn into fat, they are two completely different tissues. When your weight lifting stopped you lost muscle and the extra calories you had to eat were probably stored as fat if you carried on with your diet after you stopped:p

Get back in the gym mate....best thing ive ever done....I suffer on the opposite end of the spectrum and find it hard to keep weight on despite eating like a machine. Since ive got back down there and built myself up again I feel so much happier being at the weight I am now. Once you start hitting it hard the calories you burn will be insane. My advice would be limit your carb intake and hit the weights hard with big intake of protein post workout and as soon as you get up in the morning and try and eat 6 smaller meals a day with a equal balance of carbs, fat and protein but slightly more protein if you can ;)

good luck dude

Same as dude said, stopped training but carried on eating. Aim a stone a month until im 16 stone. The once im down to a weight that is acceptable start hitting the gym hard again and tone up.

I can understand all the guys who find it difficult to gain weight.

I was 68kg at 12%body fat and after about 9 months of training, eating, resting well. I flew up to 87kg at 7%bodyfat (ohh how good I looked)

I damaged my shoulder during heavy bench press and couldn't even lift a cuppa in the morning :( it's been almost 7months and 2 consultations, an x-ray, 3 sessions of physio... No luck. Arms better but can't put pressure. I have an MRI soon as it may be a possible rotary cuff injury. (possible surgery required) as soon as I get the all clear I'm aiming for 95-100kg at 8-10% bodyfat.

If any if you guys want info just ask, I'm quite the pro when it comes to gym. Any q's with supplements or training I can answer.

For those finding it difficult to lose fat, I strongly suggest researching "H.I.I.T training".

Stands for high intensity interval training, A type of cardio for easy cutting of fat.

(if your too lazy to google I'll sum it up: 10 mins of cardio a day, but walk 30 sec's. Run 30 sec's. Keep going till you hit that 10mins and watch the fat melt off you in no time.)

You should of gone on holiday to Ibiza, my friends went there for 2 weeks and they came back very thin..! The Ibiza diet is very light presently..! They were particularly fund of the 'disco biscuits'.

Lol, if you arnt afraid of supplements how about a fat burner? Works wonders for a few of my mates.

I have used them. However you seem to suffer rebound weight when you come off of them.

Nobody I know has suffered this, personally I know 2 people using "Clenbutrx" and they cycle it 5days on 2days off untill they drop to the ideal weight then they come off it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New year, new start and therefore a bump. I've started the ol' "lose weight, eat healthy" plan. Need it.

How is everyone else doing? What are you targets? NY is a huge incentive to start from day 1 and hammer it. Whether it's just eating better or full on cardio sessions, let's do it together.

Hands in... go team "MKIVSupra.net" haha

One incentive is that [supra+you] will weigh less and therefore [acceleration=force/mass] will be higher :) :) (I know it's a bit more than this)

I'll weigh myself tomorrow and advise. No pics. I don't want people to vomit. Then post monthly about loss and gains in strength

Teebs

I've been trying to loose weight I am 13 stones, 5ft 11''...! It's so hard I am stuck my body will not allow me to loose any more weight...! Fingers crossed 2.5 weeks in Brazil surfing and partying my ass off I ought to break that 13 stones..!

I've been trying to loose weight I am 13 stones, 5ft 11''...! It's so hard I am stuck my body will not allow me to loose any more weight...! Fingers crossed 2.5 weeks in Brazil surfing and partying my ass off I ought to break that 13 stones..!

If you drink lots then you won't :p

Make sure you surf and dance it off!