The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The biggest loser, MKIV style

The Raven

Im talking weight not loser, other wise MattH would win:p

Well despite my efforts to get back into somekind of shape im still around 18 and half stone. Weight lifting in my past then stopped and turned into fat.

I need to push myself to lose the weight before my hoilday. So i figure if i stick myself on here and take pics every week on the wii fit to show my weight the sheer piss taking should i gain weight will be to much to bare. This should then help with my anti haribo mission.

Any of my fellow fattys wanna take part? I will be posting the first pic tomorrow when i weigh in.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at my peak of fitness and kickboxing okish. i was 16, then though lifting went to 18, Then stopped training and it turned to fat,

Im not huge and ive retained my shape to a certain point. However im going to florida in december then when i come back its Xmas, so that good for atleast a stone. So there is a chance i could be 20 stone which is getting dangerous.

So lets give this a go. All banter is welcome as i need the kick in the slightly fat ass.

hmm, tempting, I'm lifting better now but struggling to shift weight on my stomach. I don't think its something the internet is ready for tho!

Get yourself signed up on bodybuilding.com, great site, very busy.

Dont get me wrong im not taking pictures of myself, just a picture of the weight shown by the Wii fit.

:D

Maybe one pic (fully clothed i might add!) for a before and after effort.

I got really p1$$ed off with trying to lose weight, I was 11 stone since i can remember then put two stone on in the last two years.

I have been eating healthy and excersing alot for the past two months and not lost any weight. Bugger

You are fine how you are ;)

Cut down on your sugar intake, and wholemeal substances - brown pasta/bread - they tend to break down into sugar type substances which are stored as fat in your body (or so ive heard - it worked for me!) snack on foods such as celery, hummous, avocado, broccoli good fibre and great for speeding up the metabolism. Book yourself in to play badminton a couple times a week - you'll be surprised how many calories you burn. Finally start weight training again, will not only build muscle but its more effective than cardio - requires much more energy.

Boxing/Kickboxing, few rounds on the punchbag wont go amiss either, put all of it together with a decent healthy diet (doesnt have to be crazy healthy) but as long as you stick to it, you will lose body fat in literally a month, and it will continue.

I used to be over 14 stone (fat), started doing all these things and got myself down to around 12.5 ish relatively quickly. After realising that i was losing weight and gaining muscle, i started concentrating on really bulking up, and went back upto just under 14, i wasnt lean...but it was bulky muscle which is the type of build i was going for. That was last year - i stopped training, and now its starting to turn to jelly slowly lol.

Just keep at it, even if it doesnt show - its doing your body good! (hopefully) :p

Good way of keeping you on track. Please don't post pics of yourself... lol

I have the same problem. I get bored. Currently I am training on high reps, medium weights and 4 cardio sessions a week. Trying to get down from 18 to about 16.5, by losing loads of belly weight. I too have trained hard on weights. It's a bummer and takes lots to maintain.

Good luck mate

P.S. Muscle weighs more than fat (on average), so if you lift weights and do sets of 10, you could put on muscle. Just be aware. Sets of 16 are better. But I am sure people have different opinions

I got really p1$$ed off with trying to lose weight, I was 11 stone since i can remember then put two stone on in the last two years.

I have been eating healthy and excersing alot for the past two months and not lost any weight. Bugger

That's married life for you, fatty. :D

Get yourself on a cycle to work scheme with your employer if they offer it. You can save lots of money off the cost of a new bike and if you actually use it as your main way of getting to and from work, you can lose plenty of weight.

I was 15st 13lbs earlierthis year. Started cycling to and from work at the start of May and am currently down to 14st 3lbs. I don't have any particular weight target - I just want to get to a level of fitness that I'm happy with and my weight will sort itself out. (Used to be a racing cyclist doing 10 miles in just over 22mins, so I have a fairly good idea of where I would like to be, fitness-wise now I'm mid 40's)

I live about 7 miles from work, but I do tend to take the long routes home - I've covered anywhere from 7 miles to 34 miles on my way home. :thumbs: