The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Beware of this eBay seller - SCAM

NOS

I just wanted to bring this to the attention of other Members on the Forum:

I saw an item that I liked on eBay about a month back now so I contacted the seller to see whether he had the item in the specific colour and size that I wanted. I received an immediate response saying they did.

I then asked what the price would be for the item including postage to me in Ireland.

The seller responded:

"£19.99 free postage,only outside of ebay tho as i dont lose 10% from fees,you can pay via paypal,so its still safe transaction

kind regards

WayneShinn"

I then replied asking for his PayPal address which he duly gave me. I placed the funds into his account and he acknowledged receipt of same.

I thanked him for his promptness and forwarded on my postal address.

I have heard NOTHING since despite several emailes querying the whereabouts of my item.

I contacted PayPal and they told me there is nothing they can do as the funds were sent as a "gift" (which the vendor requested so as to save him 10% and save me money also).

The seller runs a business called "Design Sign Services" located in Cambridgeshire - so watch out for this if you are ever buying from eBay!

This is why I never send as a gift anymore, I always tell prefer to calculate what I need to pay to ensure the seller gets the full amount if they are asking that (http://tutv.co.uk/fresh/bitsandpieces/paypalcost.php)

I got stung once on a gift and found I couldn't get my money back, so for the sake of about 50p per £10 spent, I prefer paying that and ensuring I have comeback if needed.

I know it doesn't help you in this situation, but for future reference it can be used.

Whenever I sell something on eBay, I just take the paypal hit for piece of mind; same when buying.

If you send as a gift, you may as well pop some cash into an envelope and twiddle your thumbs.

:shrug:

Sorry to hear you lost some money, but it's not part of eBay's user agreement to send money outside of the specified channels.

Paypal don't protect you at the best of times.

When I owned my Corsa VXR I was a member of vxronline.co.uk, I sent someone £110 for a set of Samco coolant hoses and a BOV, items never arrived and the seller went AWOL, I contacted Paypal but they said the seller didn't have any funds available so they could not refund me!

Paypal don't protect you at the best of times.

When I owned my Corsa VXR I was a member of vxronline.co.uk, I sent someone £110 for a set of Samco coolant hoses and a BOV, items never arrived and the seller went AWOL, I contacted Paypal but they said the seller didn't have any funds available so they could not refund me!

My ex had an issue similar to this, so I made another forum name and told him I would collect for cash on another item he was selling.

Worked out okay in the end, I did get slashed with a knife in the process. You just have to be careful. :thumbs:

you got an address ? or even google his company

This is something he has advertised on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Subaru-Rally-WRX-DC-Shoes-Polo-Shirt-/170511827628?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Men_s_Clothes&var=&hash=item6d6e7bce87

This is his eBay store address:

http://stores.ebay.ph/DESIGN-SIGN-SERVICES

His name on eBay is designsignserviceswayne.

That's all I can find out about him, and the fact he is from a place called Stilton, Cambridgeshire.

£20 is nothing to you Lawyers, you make that back just making a cuppa Tea for a client. :D

Although in saying that, i hardly ever buy anything from Flea bay, and when i do i still wonder Mmmm?? Am i going to get shafted??? I wonder???

similar thing happend to my g/f sold a fone on ebay back in march guy payed through paypal not ebay, then in may found paypal was £240 o/d, because he bought the fone using a c/card and the card was prob stolen, so sent paypal proof of collection from post office and various other emails etc, 2-3 wks later paypal said there was no more they could do and it wasn't covered,

then got a letter from baliefs requesting money back, contact paypal they advised talk to police so we did gave him everything we had, took a statement 3hrs later said not much chance in getting money back, same thing he said to a guy he'd seen earlier who lost £1500 same way so beware....

police said it goes on alot and they can't stop it or catch em most times. how reasuring....

similar thing happend to my g/f sold a fone on ebay back in march guy payed through paypal not ebay, then in may found paypal was £240 o/d, because he bought the fone using a c/card and the card was prob stolen, so sent paypal proof of collection from post office and various other emails etc, 2-3 wks later paypal said there was no more they could do and it wasn't covered,

then got a letter from baliefs requesting money back, contact paypal they advised talk to police so we did gave him everything we had, took a statement 3hrs later said not much chance in getting money back, same thing he said to a guy he'd seen earlier who lost £1500 same way so beware....

police said it goes on alot and they can't stop it or catch em most times. how reasuring....

You should only post items to verified paypal addresses, with people that pay through eBay, not send the money directly.

This is something he has advertised on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Subaru-Rally-WRX-DC-Shoes-Polo-Shirt-/170511827628?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Men_s_Clothes&var=&hash=item6d6e7bce87

This is his eBay store address:

http://stores.ebay.ph/DESIGN-SIGN-SERVICES

His name on eBay is designsignserviceswayne.

That's all I can find out about him, and the fact he is from a place called Stilton, Cambridgeshire.

Theres a full address there dude, time for a visit?

:p

design sign services

wayne shinn

17a fen street

stilton

Cambridgeshire

pe73rj

United Kingdom

Phone: 07772836855

Email: [email protected]