The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mickey Thompson ET Streets

Kevin Huntley

I have forsale a set Mickey Thompson ET Streets 28-12.50-15 which are brand new. These were the tyres I was going to use for the next Drag racing season until I ran out of money and had to retire from the sport.

These are the daddy of all tires for those who seriously want to improve their times. They offer a fantastic foot print for the best 60ft time and due to them being so tall increase your trap speed over the line.

These sell for around £180 each I looking for £275 for the pair delivered.

Thanks for looking

Kevin

mmm tempting, if only you had some rims too :)

Not sure I can be bothered going to the extent of fitting Jspec rears though.

Dude these will hook up like you won't beleive, it only takes 20 mins to swap brakes, you could be extra flash and fit a dry break coupling on the rear lines but to be honest i don't notice a lot of difference between J spec rears and UK especially when using Chris Willson's pads in the rear.

I would buy em myself but they do not comply with the regs of my HKS class, TOTB say you can't use em but they always seem to turn a blind eye.

Dude, which class are you planning on running in? I used the smaller sizes of these in the street series at Pod and they hooked up great. I was sure this tire combo was going to take me into the mid low 9's.

Dude these will hook up like you won't beleive, it only takes 20 mins to swap brakes, you could be extra flash and fit a dry break coupling on the rear lines but to be honest i don't notice a lot of difference between J spec rears and UK especially when using Chris Willson's pads in the rear.

I would buy em myself but they do not comply with the regs of my HKS class, TOTB say you can't use em but they always seem to turn a blind eye.

Dude, which class are you planning on running in? I used the smaller sizes of these in the street series at Pod and they hooked up great. I was sure this tire combo was going to take me into the mid low 9's.

Im in the street class Kev, I was pretty sure the rules exclude 'wrinkle' wall tyres and say they must be radial.

Jamie, I think unless you change your tyres to ET Streets or similar you are not going to acheive your goals. Drag Radials at Pod will either result in wheel hop or breakage.

They do also do 17" skinnies which can be used with big brake conversions, was reading about the recently on SF.

You could just swap me your BBK for the skinnies and my brake set up plus cash your way. ;)

Tempting but i hear they can be dangerous unless you run skinney front wheels?

Just checked the rules for the street class and they state:

All tyres must be E marked or DOT legal & remain road legal through the duration of the event, displaying 1.6mm of tread after the run over 3/4 of the tread pattern

So I guess they can be used.

Found this on the MT Website:

Worlds Fastest D.O.T. Class Race Tire.

World's Fastest D.O.T. class race tire. Same great features as our race winning ET Drag with a D.O.T. stamp that meets the rulebook specifications for street tire classes. Tube type for extra sidewall strength, better air retention, and more consistent ET’s.

■D.O.T. Approved

■Compounded For Maximum Traction

■Requires Little or No Burnout

■Engineered For Consistent Performance

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.