The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bloody Stupid Motorcyclist

Max Headroom

Yup thats what happens when dozy car drivers cant see a motorcycle with its headlight on, fluro leathers and lid and a race exhaust.;)

.......on a road where the car driver was entitled to expect the bike to be doing about 60 (ish) but the bike was travelling at the speed limit +100mph.

Oh - and squeezing between a car and the solid white line is handing your own fate over to the stupid, inattentive car driver. A mate of mine did this a few years back when the driver of the car he was just about to pass decided it was time to overtake the car in front just as the white line finished. She didn't actually make contact with my mate's bike, but when he had to swerve violently, he lost the front. He carried along the road on his ar$e until he hit a lamp post with his chest at about 60mph. I happened across the scene about 2 mins later. Didn't even clock who it was until I took his helmet off to do mouth to mouth. That was a bit of a shock. He was still alive when they put him in the ambulance, but he died in hospital.

It's alright blaming other motorists for not seeing you, but it doesn't help when you've ruptured every organ in your abdomen. If he'd been riding a bit more defensively - i.e. waiting for the white line to finish and then giving the car more room in case it moved to it's right - he might still be here today.

And it's ok quoting all this b@lls about "Die for something or live for nothing" etc etc, but what choice do you give the poor sod coming the other way when you finally do lose it and end up going through their windscreen at an impact speed of over 150mph just because you were out honing your riding skills? I've seen that too, where a girl in her mid-20's (or at least bits of her) got punted from the passenger seat of her boyfriends car all the way to the boot by a motorcyclist coming through the window. The car driver was doing nothing wrong but lost his girlfriend just the same.

I've done plenty of stupid things on the road in my life. I've probably ridden more miles on a bike than anyone on this forum, and more than many will ever do in their lifetimes, but riding/driving like a lunatic on the public road is something I'm in no way proud of and is something I've grown out of now, thanks.

Keep it on the track.

I always move over for bikes so they can pass if there is room,

I don't, I treat them like cars, especially when I'm in the Delica. Same with cyclists, they all need to follow the same rules when they're on the road. If I have right of way I don't slow down for people who break the rules either, cyclists crossing red lights and pedestrians crossing the road where there's a zebra about 100 yds away are the best ones - scares the shit out of them when 2.5tons of monster are baring down on them.

I've never hit anyone yet though, maybe dude's right that they judge the gaps and know they can make it, or maybe I've just been unlucky so far! :D

.......on a road where the car driver was entitled to expect the bike to be doing about 60 (ish) but the bike was travelling at the speed limit +100mph.

Oh - and squeezing between a car and the solid white line is handing your own fate over to the stupid, inattentive car driver. A mate of mine did this a few years back when the driver of the car he was just about to pass decided it was time to overtake the car in front just as the white line finished. She didn't actually make contact with my mate's bike, but when he had to swerve violently, he lost the front. He carried along the road on his ar$e until he hit a lamp post with his chest at about 60mph. I happened across the scene about 2 mins later. Didn't even clock who it was until I took his helmet off to do mouth to mouth. That was a bit of a shock. He was still alive when they put him in the ambulance, but he died in hospital.

It's alright blaming other motorists for not seeing you, but it doesn't help when you've ruptured every organ in your abdomen. If he'd been riding a bit more defensively - i.e. waiting for the white line to finish and then giving the car more room in case it moved to it's right - he might still be here today.

And it's ok quoting all this b@lls about "Die for something or live for nothing" etc etc, but what choice do you give the poor sod coming the other way when you finally do lose it and end up going through their windscreen at an impact speed of over 150mph just because you were out honing your riding skills? I've seen that too, where a girl in her mid-20's (or at least bits of her) got punted from the passenger seat of her boyfriends car all the way to the boot by a motorcyclist coming through the window. The car driver was doing nothing wrong but lost his girlfriend just the same.

I've done plenty of stupid things on the road in my life. I've probably ridden more miles on a bike than anyone on this forum, and more than many will ever do in their lifetimes, but riding/driving like a lunatic on the public road is something I'm in no way proud of and is something I've grown out of now, thanks.

Keep it on the track.

Whoa !!!!!!!!! Im not advocating anarchy on the road just saying that bikes can get away with a lot more than cars, yes a bike can kill an innocent but no where near as many as will be killed by a car showing off at prob a much lower speed, i can take you to a double white line road where i on my bike can see for prob 1/2 a mile, are you telling me its not safe to overtake a 60mph car on my 170 hp bike, i will be past him prob in about a second!!!!!

Like you said your dead mate didn't read the road or situation correctly, happens all the time in cars on bikes and in lorries, his time was up simple as. Just to add, so your saying your mate was killed by a car driver who didnt check her mirrors as he was entitled to be next to the car as the double whites had ended!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe his judgement was not the best in that he did not anticipate the possible outcomes but fact is if a lorry had been out of control coming down the car driver would be dead and not your mate.

Far more dangerous are all the car driving pricks who when stuck in a jam move closer to the white line to stop bikes getting past cause they are all jealous !!!!!!