The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bloody Stupid Motorcyclist

Max Headroom

Just come back from the local town and on the way back could see a motorcyclists lights, a mile or so down the A road and we come to a twisty bit with DOUBLE WHITE LINES. It appears that the law doesn't apply to this guy as he overtakes two cars and is vitually blind to what may or may not have been coming the other way.

In any accident it is the cyclist that comes off worse but this moron was an accident waiting to happen, it would be a shame as he would most likely involve other innocent folk. As a former biker I do watch out for motorcyclists but this idiot gives them a bad name.

Once again it is the minority spoiling it for the majority. Rant over thank you for listening

sadly, I have seen the same thing, shame he did not see the volvo coming the other... result - bike parts all over the road and a broken ankle!!

my pet hate is motorcyclists who think a left/right turning lane means that they can go straight :banghead:

Eejits like him are the one's who have caused me grief 3 times this year so far. :(

They come up to enjoy the great A roads, then throw themselves under a car because they ride like they have a death wish, causing the only road I can use to get home to be blocked for 3-4 hours whilst the Police wait for CSI types and look for evidence!

As said, either a long wait or a 120+ mile detour:blink: I used to feel sorry for the bikers that had lost their lives like that, but now I resent the fact that they spoil my day! :taped:

I've a bike licence and a bike too btw - it doesn't change my opinion.

Seems to be attracting them this weekend, today following a car travelling at about 40 to 50 mph with about 6 car lengths between us, nothing else behind us. First car goes past a junction on the left hand side where a car is stationary waiting to turn right I spot a motorcyclist on the far side of the stationary car waiting to go left, what does he do, rather than wait another 30 seconds he nips out into the space between me and the car in front and he only just misses me ploughing into the back of him because I slam the anchors on. He knows I am extremely pissed with him and he makes a hasty getaway.

It seems all the muppets are out this weekend. The latest incident was averted because I reacted quickly, otherwise there would have been muppet juice all over the road.

BIKERS WHEN YOU RIDE ENGAGE BRAIN PLEASE!!!!!

Depends on the cicumstances but bikes can sometimes have a much better view and can nip past a car in a fraction of the time most cars take whilst taking up hardly any road space, what if he overtook a smart car and never crossed the white line or got close to the car???? A few years ago I actually pulled up next to a copper between him and the double white, he went ballistic, we pulled over and had a full blown argument, upshot was we agreed to dissagree but he didnt nick me, sorry dude IMO white lines are for cars and nightclubs;)

Depends on the cicumstances but bikes can sometimes have a much better view and can nip past a car in a fraction of the time most cars take whilst taking up hardly any road space, what if he overtook a smart car and never crossed the white line or got close to the car???? A few years ago I actually pulled up next to a copper between him and the double white, he went ballistic, we pulled over and had a full blown argument, upshot was we agreed to dissagree but he didnt nick me, sorry dude IMO white lines are for cars and nightclubs;)

Not a very good arguement dude, white lines are there for a reason, what got me is it was pretty blind where he was, and an innocent motorist could have ended up hurt because "white lines are for cars"!!

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm entitled to not have a motorbike and bits of you splattered over the front of my car because you think the rules don't apply to you...

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm entitled to not have a motorbike and bits of you splattered over the front of my car because you think the rules don't apply to you...

You obviously don't ride dude, no way will I do any overtake unless I KNOW its safe for the bike, been riding since I was 17, some of you haven't got a clue and do far more dangerous stuff in your cars, look at all the i did 150 leptons threads, my overtake will be done i about 2 seconds, you don't know what your talking about, even if you were next to the car I was overtaking I would prob still get thru the gap, bet you watch the ghostrider vids and say Oh thats terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Y4kcpm6nM

You obviously don't ride dude, no way will I do any overtake unless I KNOW its safe for the bike, been riding since I was 17, some of you haven't got a clue and do far more dangerous stuff in your cars, look at all the i did 150 leptons threads, my overtake will be done i about 2 seconds, you don't know what your talking about, even if you were next to the car I was overtaking I would prob still get thru the gap, bet you watch the ghostrider vids and say Oh thats terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Y4kcpm6nM

LOL thats as much luck as it is skill, if you apsire to that then good luck to you and everyone else on the road at the time.

No I'm not a biker, my missus was and we've had friends who died taking chances. I've made stupid overtaking decisions when I was younger and nearly paid the price. But hey, if I'm right and you're wrong then you won't be about to post about it.

I always move over for bikes so they can pass if there is room, I have no problem with that and don't want to hold them up, but I've seen so many near misses with bikers who want to take silly chances.

LOL thats as much luck as it is skill, if you apsire to that then good luck to you and everyone else on the road at the time.

His 'luck' seems to have held for quite a few years!!!;)

Better to live a day as a sheep than a life as a lamb:eyebrows:

We could trade bad decisions all day, i've nothing against bikers, I could make the same comments about car drivers, I'm just saying if you ignore the rules on the road and believe you are in the right you're on a hiding to nothing.

And for the record, lambs (tend to) have a much better life than sheep.

We could trade bad decisions all day, i've nothing against bikers, I could make the same comments about car drivers, I'm just saying if you ignore the rules on the road and believe you are in the right you're on a hiding to nothing.

And for the record, lambs (tend to) have a much better life than sheep.

By the very fact they will only ever be lambs and never sheep they may well disagree!!!!!;)

Or with volume if it doesnt frighten you too much;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShacMAn_HK8&feature=related

You would never catch me doing any thing like that on my bike nor carrying out stupid overtakes and undertakes like in the vid, any one of those cars could move over at any point, and at speeds like that you need a deacent distance to complete a adjustment to compensate for it.

I couldnt give a crap if the guy is a pro seems more like a di*k to me, if he does crash and kill himself then thats his idea of fun, but you have got to think about how mortified the person will be that he crashes into.

Please tell me your not that stupid to carry out things like he does.

You would never catch me doing any thing like that on my bike nor carrying out stupid overtakes and undertakes like in the vid, any one of those cars could move over at any point, and at speeds like that you need a deacent distance to complete a adjustment to compensate for it.

I couldnt give a crap if the guy is a pro seems more like a di*k to me, if he does crash and kill himself then thats his idea of fun, but you have got to think about how mortified the person will be that he crashes into.

Your right I dont, Ive never been to Germany, when I get on the bike anything can happen, yeah we did a vid pretty similar but I have no wish to kill myself, when your times up its up.

Its a psycological trait of sheep to replicate stupid behavior:

"Sheep have a strong instinct to follow the sheep in front of them. When one sheep decides to go somewhere, the rest of the flock usually follows, even if it is not a good "decision." For example, sheep will follow each other to slaughter. If one sheep jumps over a cliff, the others are likely to follow. Even from birth, lambs are conditioned to follow the older members of the flock. This instinct is "hard-wired" into sheep. It's not something they "think" about.

"

I'm still confused why we are talking about sheep though!

Its a psycological trait of sheep to replicate stupid behavior:

"Sheep have a strong instinct to follow the sheep in front of them. When one sheep decides to go somewhere, the rest of the flock usually follows, even if it is not a good "decision." For example, sheep will follow each other to slaughter. If one sheep jumps over a cliff, the others are likely to follow. Even from birth, lambs are conditioned to follow the older members of the flock. This instinct is "hard-wired" into sheep. It's not something they "think" about.

"

I'm still confused why we are talking about sheep though!

Do you not like sheep then, its a saying much like I would rather be hung for a sheep as a lamb etc;)

A better one is something along the lines of 'the idea is not to turn up at the pearly gates looking imaculate and pristine more the idea is to slide in scuffed to shit beat to pieces and pissed out your mind commenting fuck me what a ride!!!!