The mkiv Supra Owners Club

big single 618bhp

barneybrendan

Nice motor, glad it's all sorted again - well done and good luck with the sale.

I think it would look great with very dark wheels and also a set of facelift front lights would suit it well (I normally prefer UK or prefacelift but IMHO the darker facelift ones would look nice here).

• 2 weeks later...
all ive had so far is 2 offers with a swap, a evo 8 and 9 lol! hmm not really what i want! money is what i want! lol

theres plenty of dreamers out there but nobody serious :rolleyes:

ive had several offers but like you there all px's no cash:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mate,

Not sure if I missed it either on this thread or the other original one (if so, sorry!! :innocent:) but what was done to fix this after the engine packed up??

Only ask as it helps a buyer to get peace of mind knowing the issues were all fixed as at one point (this is NOT a dig at barneybrendan who I don't know but am sure is a competent mechanic who has done everything needed), remember looking at this when it was up for a bargain price and thinking it was a big gamble as you couldn't be sure if the engine had suffered any more serious damage but was seriously tempted to take the risk!! :D

Price seems fair if all is now well with it and as you say, with bigger injectors it could be a 700HP contender! Colour is nice as well IMHO but guess it's a marmite car in a lot of ways.

If it's still about when I get my money, will be in touch.

Cheers.

Pete :)

Hello mate,

All that happened was the crank pully broke! The pieces damaged the oil pump which got changed, the cam belt tensioner and the aux pully, all of which got replaced as well as a new cam belt! So it was just a case of replacing these parts and its not skipped a beat since! When they changed the oil pump they dropped the sump and done a inspection and every thing was ok! When they fitted at the parts it fired up first turn of the key and has been fine since!

Cheers

the only thing that still needs replacin are the fuel lines.these are still split in places.idealy need to be replaced with braided ones for about £100,or boxed in to protect them.

This was going to be sorted but lee took the car back before it could be done.As most of you are aware the deal was for me to fix the car at my cost so lee got his £8000 and then we would split anything over this price.If anybody wants any more info on what was done then pm me.Although the sale is out of my hands now i will be happy to answer any questions.

the evos are nice dont get me wrong but if i wanted a continual money pit with fuel ect, id keep the supra :) ha ha!

Calling it a money pit is not the best sales tactic ive seen, strange you took it back before getting the fuel lines fixed? risking something like that is a terrible move.