The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bloody lorries & Bloody centre reservations!!!

Guest Supra-T

The police are involved but I don't feel that they are taking the matter seriously to the point that I could feel that they were utterly delight when they saw it was a "jap car accident" I could hear their damn minds say 1 down a lot more to go... :(

You should recontact them and point out that the lorry was massively exceeding the speed limit and that the tacho's would show this, if they track down the vehicle.

All UK HGV's are restricted to 56MPH and the motorway speed limit for them is 60MPH, unless you were going down hill, then the said lorries limiter has been disabled, which is classed as illegal and the vehicle should not be driven on the road.

If there are any traffic cameras on the stretch of motorway you were on and you have a reasonable description of the vehicle, they should be able track it down quite easily and then the Tacho evidence will prove they have the right vehicle, really shouldn't be that hard for them:taped:

Guest Supra-T
I think you're taking it too personally. I don't doubt that it's shaken you up though, it would do for me too.

I don't think the lorry driver was trying to "show you who's boss", more like he was just being a dozy moron. Don't think of it like a show of assertiveness, but a demonstration of inattentiveness.

I don't like being alongside another vehicle on a motorway for longer than necessary: too many penii out there who don't look where they're going and take an unintentional side swipe at you.

Is there any/much damage to your car?

Square wheels, savaged tyres, fooked bumper and skirts, exhaust ripped off its mounts, a couple shock absorbers leaking, front tie rods bent and last but not least cracked sump. Love it :(

You should recontact them and point out that the lorry was massively exceeding the speed limit and that the tacho's would show this, if they track down the vehicle.

All UK HGV's are restricted to 56MPH and the motorway speed limit for them is 60MPH, unless you were going down hill, then the said lorries limiter has been disabled, which is classed as illegal and the vehicle should not be driven on the road.

If there are any traffic cameras on the stretch of motorway you were on and you have a reasonable description of the vehicle, they should be able track it down quite easily and then the Tacho evidence will prove they have the right vehicle, really shouldn't be that hard for them:taped:

Very good advice :thumbs:

If you remember anything what it looks like, or the colour etc, police should be able to get you the numberplate of the lorry involved. The A406 has camera's all the way in different spots, if you give a time and location they should be able to retrieve something.

Plus are you sure you wasn't going 60mph? As mentioned above if the lorry was doing 70mph, then its in big trouble! Plus did you make any contact with the lorry, it could be that he did not even notice anything happened because he was sleeping.

I can't believe though dude, you have been having so much bad luck lately :(

Guest Supra-T
Very good advice :thumbs:

If you remember anything what it looks like, or the colour etc, police should be able to get you the numberplate of the lorry involved. The A406 has camera's all the way in different spots, if you give a time and location they should be able to retrieve something.

Plus are you sure you wasn't going 60mph? As mentioned above if the lorry was doing 70mph, then its in big trouble! Plus did you make any contact with the lorry, it could be that he did not even notice anything happened because he was sleeping.

I can't believe though dude, you have been having so much bad luck lately :(

I don't know anything anymore mate I think I'm cursed...

Edit: I went back to the scene today and it was infact the M11 at the A406 junction!