The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bloody lorries & Bloody centre reservations!!!

Guest Supra-T

Guest Supra-T

I was forced over the centre reservation between the slip road and the motorway by this f**king huge arctic on Friday in the Supra!!

Pics and more information to follow, I have just been sitting at home "sulking" since it happened says the misses!

Women will never truly understand what a car means to a man!!

:(

I was forced over the centre reservation between the slip road and the motorway by this f**king huge arctic on Friday in the Supra!!

Pics and more information to follow, I have just been sitting at home "sulking" since it happened says the misses!

Women will never truly understand what a car means to a man!!

:(

Not good fella, did you gain any damage from it.

Guest Supra-T
Supra wrecked?

Not A write off but it will be an uphill struggle to get her all patched up for supra pod!! :rolleyes:

Typical, just when everything starts to run smooth a f**king blind c*nt screws it all up!!

I'm not happy at all!!

Guest Supra-T
Think he means the divider between the slip road and slow lane.

That's the one, I haven't slept since... So please excuse my mistakes guys, I'm shattered!!

Guest Supra-T

I don't know for sure yet, I haven't yet managed to gather myself and go have a look but from what I could see at night, it looks like the drivers side front wheel is buggered and there was a lot of oil on the floor when it was lifted so I'm guessing cracked sump? Also body work is fooked!!

The bastard didn't even stop to see if I was ok or not!!

Guest Supra-T

Well, I was prodding along in the left lane doing around 70 mph on my way home from a 12 hour shift at the hospital, so I was knackered as it was! Next thing I know, this huge Artic lorrie comes up beside me in the middle lane and indicates that he's going to shift in to my lane!! To my utter horror and disbelief he decides to switch lanes paying no attention to the tiny spec in his bloody mirror that is me!! To avoid getting turned into a pancake, I braked as hard as I could and swerved to the left to try and avoid the curb but to no prevail I went up and over the curbed isle taking the slip road, I parked up on the hard shoulder and tried to jot down his number plate but he was long gone...

Time: ~5 AM

Was it a foreign lorry, as you said it was over taking you at 70 mph:blink:

Euro lorries are limited to 56mph, I know a few of the Irish lorries tend to not have restrictors, although they should have

and he must of known you were there, as he was overtaking you:blink:

Guest Supra-T

Your right, whenever I drive like a tit and rip the road to shreds nothing happens but when I try to drive like a civilised human being I'd get pulled over by the police or I'd hit a curb... Maybe when I drive like a tit it puts me in charge but when I drive normally other drivers feel the need to be more assertive and show me who's boss...?!?!

I feel shit and I feel like giving up all together tbh...

Guest Supra-T
Was it a foreign lorry, as you said it was over taking you at 70 mph:blink:

Euro lorries are limited to 56mph, I know a few of the Irish lorries tend to not have restrictors, although they should have

and he must of known you were there, as he was overtaking you:blink:

It was a great British lorry :(

Trust your own kind to screw you over eh!

It was a great British lorry :(

If you have a general discription of the lorry at that time of the morning they should be able to find it on the cameras. Then Vosa can ask for the Tachos, according to what you are saying he was doing in excess of 70 mph, they will throw the book at him.

It's classed a dangerous driving and they will remove his licence.

Are the police involved

Maybe when I drive like a tit it puts me in charge but when I drive normally other drivers feel the need to be more assertive and show me who's boss...?!?!

I feel $#@! and I feel like giving up all together tbh...

I think you're taking it too personally. I don't doubt that it's shaken you up though, it would do for me too.

I don't think the lorry driver was trying to "show you who's boss", more like he was just being a dozy moron. Don't think of it like a show of assertiveness, but a demonstration of inattentiveness.

I don't like being alongside another vehicle on a motorway for longer than necessary: too many penii out there who don't look where they're going and take an unintentional side swipe at you.

Is there any/much damage to your car?

Guest Supra-T

The police are involved but I don't feel that they are taking the matter seriously to the point that I could feel that they were utterly delight when they saw it was a "jap car accident" I could hear their damn minds say 1 down a lot more to go... :(