The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paper Today....

tony tt

Havnet read all of this thread yet, but got this far and had to respond.

I lived and worked in Pakistan for 3 months just after 9-11, I was in based in Quetta and travelled most days to Kandihar across the border into Afghanistan. On a friday we were told not to go out unless we were prepared to dress in shalwar Khamis and cover up our faces as much as possible as after the Mullars had said their bit at prayertime there were lynch mobs looking to give Westerners a good kicking and worse. Two of our guys had their heads caved in with stones and we had our compound torched. All on the holy day.

Haha wow you were based in Quetta? I have a house there. Mate that place is lethal. Its on the border to Afghanistan and a lot of Taliban lads floating about. Even my mum had to put a viel on in certain parts of Quetta because of the weirdos. Quetta after 9/11 was mental. Even my family hesitate to go there. Last week, my dad's school mate was killed by the Taliban.

I can't go back because of the threat to us. It was fine before 9/11 though. Angelina Jolie was at the Serena Hotel where we used to go swimming. Tomb Raider 2 was supposed to be filmed in Quetta but after 9/11 the plans changed.

Have you not been to Karachi, Islamabad or the rest of the provinces?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha wow you were based in Quetta? I have a house there. Mate that place is lethal. Its on the border to Afghanistan and a lot of Taliban lads floating about. Even my mum had to put a viel on in certain parts of Quetta because of the weirdos. Quetta after 9/11 was mental. Even my family hesitate to go there. Last week, my dad's school mate was killed by the Taliban.

I can't go back because of the threat to us. It was fine before 9/11 though. Angelina Jolie was at the Serena Hotel where we used to go swimming. Tomb Raider 2 was supposed to be filmed in Quetta but after 9/11 the plans changed.

Have you not been to Karachi, Islamabad or the rest of the provinces?

Yes spent a fair bit of time in Islamabad and Rawlapindi but mainy based in Quetta and travelled

To Kandihar quite often. Thing is though, somewhere like the Saudi Pak hotel or up at Murray then yeah maybe

Whites were treated superior but in the normal towns we were pretty much frowned upon and certainly in Quetta

a few times I started to think I wasn't going home. And that's the point for the purpose of the thread I

Was trying to make.

Loved the country though.

Have there been any reports of crimes being carried out with people wearing the niquab?

There have been for crash helmets and balaclavas; neither of which are religious dress.

Perhaps criminals should don the niquab?

The niquab is not a religious dress, it is a sign of wealth

The niquab is not a religious dress, it is a sign of wealth

Surely, only a sign of wealth in muslim culture?

It was mine too, just wasnt too sure if you understood the thrust of my arguement. My apologies :)

No problem; yes, I had understood the thrust of your argument :)