tony tt

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"real understanding", "unqualified views"

^^ Ironic. The problem that everyone faces in threads like these is arguing the toss with people that don't require anything but a belief to 'quantify' their outdated ideas. As for my own point, that is quantifiable. Take a look at the various studies / surveys that have been undertaken; the percentage of people across advanced nations such The US and the UK that believe in a specific religion or a personal god is slowly, but surely, on the decline.

I anticipate that there will always be religion in the world for as long as our species can sustain its modern existence as there will always be the melons that need it in their lives. But the more advanced civilisations get in their own right, the less they will need to turn to something so fictional.

If your descedants stay in this country, I’d thoroughly expect their dependence on religion to gradually dissipate through the generations. - perhaps not entirely though. :)

Lol what laughable views and quantifiable? Please.

Clearly my prior attempts to educate you on the previous thread were lost on you. Your assumption that our views are based merely on belief and outdated information is erroneous and I pointed the reasons as to why in that thread: a reply is still outstanding from you.

You, having never made any attempt to research or understand faith seem to think your views are quantified. You are the same person who relies on The Daily Star (or one of these so-called newspapers) for your daily news fix if I remember correctly.

Ultimately, its hard to take you seriously (for various reasons). Come back to me when you actually bother to research and properly justify the views that you spout uncontrollably :)

As for my descendants and their reliance on religion, let me worry about that :) I'll make sure they educate themselves enough to make that decision in an effective manner.

On topic: what more is there left to say? I feel the niqab will eventually get banned in this country but that is for the government to decide.

On topic: what more is there left to say? I feel the niqab will eventually get banned in this country but that is for the government to decide.

Looks like them 10 people who wear it in the UK will have to take them off :D

Lol what laughable views and quantifiable? Please.

Clearly my prior attempts to educate you on the previous thread were lost on you. Your assumption that our views are based merely on belief and outdated information is erroneous and I pointed the reasons as to why in that thread: a reply is still outstanding from you.

You, having never made any attempt to research or understand faith seem to think your views are quantified. You are the same person who relies on The Daily Star (or one of these so-called newspapers) for your daily news fix if I remember correctly.

Ultimately, its hard to take you seriously (for various reasons). Come back to me when you actually bother to research and properly justify the views that you spout uncontrollably :)

As for my descendants and their reliance on religion, let me worry about that :) I'll make sure they educate themselves enough to make that decision in an effective manner.

You jibber jabbered on about Mohammad being knowledgeable beyond his times, with regards to such things as fertility I believe. Good for him, I wouldn't expect anything less from the individual at the centre of the stories.

I fail to understand why I should give your faith anymore time out of my life than I did trying to understand Donnie Darko. You ultimately belief in a God, a heaven and all that jazz. I don’t need to delve any further.

Back on topic, hopefully it won't be too long before the ultimate sign of inequality is banned :)

Why do people assume ninjas look like ninja gaiden anyway?

The irony is Japanese ninjas very rarely if ever wore that full custome. They were more than likely dressed in civilian clothing or simply black.

More nonsensical poorly researched stereotyped beliefs the West made up.

The irony is Japanese ninjas very rarely if ever wore that full custome. They were more than likely dressed in civilian clothing or simply black.

Calm down, sensei.

We'll set them straight.

Stereotyping is something humans do best!

I've never assumed that so you can have your sweeping generalisation back.

Besides, I once saw a ninja dressed like a giant chicken. More fool me though because it actually was a giant chicken. Those things are scary and I don't mean scary like when girls get scared at the contents of my pants. YouknowwhatI'msaying?

You jibber jabbered on about Mohammad being knowledgeable beyond his times, with regards to such things as fertility I believe. Good for him, I wouldn't expect anything less from the individual at the centre of the stories.

I fail to understand why I should give your faith anymore time out of my life than I did trying to understand Donnie Darko. You ultimately belief in a God, a heaven and all that jazz. I don’t need to delve any further.

Back on topic, hopefully it won't be too long before the ultimate sign of inequality is banned :)

Sigh....I can't begin to describe how that post is filled with irony. Ultimately, you and I are very different people. You watch The Devil's Advocate to formulate your opinion of this world and I'll just base it on the research I've done, the scriptures I have read and the un-ending duty mandated by Islam to never stop researching and pondering on the issue of faith and this life.

There is only one way to settle this debate though- on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. But that would mean you would have to buy the Xbox 360 because, I think we can all agree, it is the superior gaming console :D

I'll just base it on the research I've done, the scriptures I have read and the un-ending duty mandated by Islam to never stop researching and pondering on the issue of faith and this life.

And all those scientifically reproducable experiments with peer review :innocent:

I read a lot of scifi books that have aliens, antigravity, and faster than light travel. Just because it's written down doesn't necessarily make it real. You have your faith, revel in it and enjoy it and if it makes your life better for you then who's complaining? But please don't try to tell me it's all the truth without the ability to offer any evidence :)

I reckon you can simplify the religious argument thus:

"2+2 = 5. Now, without using maths, prove me wrong."

Crap crap crap I'm contributing to the thread I was poised to lock yesterday. Where's a mod when you need one

facepalm
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

Sigh....I can't begin to describe how that post is filled with irony. Ultimately, you and I are very different people. You watch The Devil's Advocate to formulate your opinion of this world and I'll just base it on the research I've done, the scriptures I have read and the un-ending duty mandated by Islam to never stop researching and pondering on the issue of faith and this life.

There is only one way to settle this debate though- on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. But that would mean you would have to buy the Xbox 360 because, I think we can all agree, it is the superior gaming console :D

Lol, the Devils Advocate. I've lived enough of a Christian life when I was young to get gain a fair understanding of how the world works. Your's was much different though, your lottery ticket dipicted you would be brought up a different way, experiance different events in your life and, well, here we are.

Instead of dusting off the old papyrus paper and worrying about everything, then playing call of duty for the remainder of your life, why not go out and enjoy your life a bit more. You only get one, and when it's gone, that's it.

But if you do want to settle this once and for all... Get you N64 out and a copy of Goldeneye ;) :D

Whilst Matt might be a little slow, he certainly does not speak for all atheists.

I do wonder what research you've done - sounds interesting. I am currently writing my Ph.D, which has involved 4 long years of research.

This research is underpinned by science and the formulae that describe the world around us.

I'm trying to contribute as best I can to the growth of knowledge on the subject of global climate change, from a completely unbiased viewpoint, based on facts and without any swing in either direction (i.e. not politically motivated in any way).

Science is only similar to religion in that many people "believe" in science without actually understanding any of it.

You have your faith, revel in it and enjoy it and if it makes your life better for you then who's complaining? But please don't try to tell me it's all the truth without the ability to offer any evidence :)

I did post, what I felt was compelling evidence providing evidence for Islamic belief in the previous thread on here. That's what I'm referring to with my sentiments on Matt H's posts. It included verses regarding Geology, Embryology, Cosmology and various other areas.Do you really want me to post it here or make another topic on it? I think you, of all people, would know how that would go down.