The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paper Today....

tony tt

That would involve the human race moving backwards, which I just can't see happening. History would suggest that people move forwards in general, leaving silly ideas behind :)

You crack me up. Time and time again you have proven your lack of any real understanding of these issues and you keep jumping up and down on the same unqualified views....life isn't a trampoline you know...or maybe you don't know :p

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I highly doubt the world will exist without [any] religion, but why would atheists suddenly start following a religion?

You'll never have me praying in a mosque, church, synagogue or anywhere for that matter.

It will have a religion, it will be Islam

Sorry i missed the atheists off but yes we will still do whatever we do.

You crack me up. Time and time again you have proven your lack of any real understanding of these issues and you keep jumping up and down on the same unqualified views....life isn't a trampoline you know...or maybe you don't know :p

LMAO

Not quite what i was going to say but similar :D

It will have a religion, it will be Islam

Sorry i missed the atheists off but yes we will still do whatever we do.

There are quite a few (circa 1Bn) Hindus in the world and the population of India doesn't seem to be dwindling.

Then there's Buddhists, circa 500M, and China's going to become a modern Super Power.

It's really scaremongering to think that Islam will take over the world*.

At the rate we're going, we'll be lucky if there is a world to take over!

*EDIT: I know that Islam is the second largest religion to Christianity, and the fastest growing in the world, but what exactly does "take over the world" mean?

The world one day will become a bigger version of Easter Island and we will have a dog eat dog survival of the fittest Mad Max scenario.

China already has drinking water problems along with a lot of Africa, if the global population is allowed to expand at the rate it is then were all *****ed !!

Global population figues

1900 ----- 570,681,163

2000 --- 6,085,931,725

2010 --- 6,834,112,028

Religion isn't the problem. It's only in the limelight because of the current clash between West and East. Culture could be just as divisive.

The West is moving steadily towards an atheist belief system so naturally frustrations will arise when you have religious people, especially us Muslims, who practice our faith with a strong determination. People want to drink, have casual sex etc without feeling they are bring judged by an entity ( a diety or group of people) and so tensions are inevitable.

The world one day will become a bigger version of Easter Island and we will have a dog eat dog survival of the fittest Mad Max scenario.

China already has drinking water problems along with a lot of Africa, if the global population is allowed to expand at the rate it is then were all *****ed !!

Global population figues

1900 ----- 570,681,163

2000 --- 6,085,931,725

2010 --- 6,834,112,028

WOW SERIOUSLY?! Surely the population for 1900 can't be right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

//off topic

The population of the world and the boom after WWII are what is responsible for the anthropogenic (man-made) CO2 emissions.

We are still working on solutions to global climate change (is the planet warming or cooling over the next 100 years) but it seems as though a general warming will take place.

People still don't believe that mankind can make a difference, but the world is very, very different to pre 1900.

//on topic

I think it's equally naive of someone that practices religion to assume that those which do not, drink and have casual sex.

This topic was originally about the laws related to covering one's face.

Should I be allowed to wear a hoody indoors?

Yes, but it's a fashion faux pas anyway, so you won't see me doing it.

I think it depends on which website you believe, i've done some more searching and a few sites seem to think 1.6 to 1.7 billion in 1900 so still a pretty scary rise in 110 years !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

//off topic

The population of the world and the boom after WWII are what is responsible for the anthropogenic (man-made) CO2 emissions.

We are still working on solutions to global climate change (is the planet warming or cooling over the next 100 years) but it seems as though a general warming will take place.

People still don't believe that mankind can make a difference, but the world is very, very different to pre 1900.

//on topic

I think it's equally naive of someone that practices religion to assume that those which do not, drink and have casual sex.

This topic was originally about the laws related to covering one's face.

Should I be allowed to wear a hoody indoors?

Yes, but it's a fashion faux pas anyway, so you won't see me doing it.

I knew someone would take that drinking/ sex comment the wrong way. What I was trying to say is, society is getting more relaxed on the perception of those latter activities but will get frustrated at a group whose lifestyle seems to critique it.

I knew someone would take that drinking/ sex comment the wrong way. What I was trying to say is, society is getting more relaxed on the perception of those latter activities but will get frustrated at a group whose lifestyle seems to critique it.

Why would Group A get frustrated if the lifestyle of Group B seems to critique their lifestyle?

Global population figues

1900 ----- 570,681,163

2000 --- 6,085,931,725

2010 --- 6,834,112,028

And they say war is a bad thing...

"real understanding", "unqualified views"

^^ Ironic. The problem that everyone faces in threads like these is arguing the toss with people that don't require anything but a belief to 'quantify' their outdated ideas. As for my own point, that is quantifiable. Take a look at the various studies / surveys that have been undertaken; the percentage of people across advanced nations such The US and the UK that believe in a specific religion or a personal god is slowly, but surely, on the decline.

I anticipate that there will always be religion in the world for as long as our species can sustain its modern existence as there will always be the melons that need it in their lives. But the more advanced civilisations get in their own right, the less they will need to turn to something so fictional.

If your descedants stay in this country, I’d thoroughly expect their dependence on religion to gradually dissipate through the generations. - perhaps not entirely though. :)

This is definitely straying into the realms of "the usual argument" :)

Can we go back to the question of:

Why can one group of people go into a petrol station shop with a fully concealed face due to the excuse of 'religion', whereas a motorcyclist, who arrived on their motorbike, wearing a crash helmet as mandated by the law and for safety reasons, has to go through the ballache of removing it. The motorcyclist has got solid reasons to be wearing the crash helmet, and they are a pain to put on and take off (especially if you wear glasses). The other person has belief in a wholly unproven supreme entity and some 'interpreted' writings put down years ago by a normal mortal human or two :shrug:

While I respect peoples rights to wear whatever they want, I also respect two other things:

One, the shop can refuse to admit them for security reasons because their face is covered, and not be immediately castigated as racist and have the shop set on fire by nutters.

Two, people have the right to take the piss out of anything someone chooses to wear :) Freedom works both ways ;)

This is definitely straying into the realms of "the usual argument" :)

Can we go back to the question of:

Why can one group of people go into a petrol station shop with a fully concealed face due to the excuse of 'religion', whereas a motorcyclist, who arrived on their motorbike, wearing a crash helmet as mandated by the law and for safety reasons, has to go through the ballache of removing it. The motorcyclist has got solid reasons to be wearing the crash helmet, and they are a pain to put on and take off (especially if you wear glasses). The other person has belief in a wholly unproven supreme entity and some 'interpreted' writings put down years ago by a normal mortal human or two :shrug:

While I respect peoples rights to wear whatever they want, I also respect two other things:

One, the shop can refuse to admit them for security reasons because their face is covered, and not be immediately castigated as racist and have the shop set on fire by nutters.

Two, people have the right to take the piss out of anything someone chooses to wear :) Freedom works both ways ;)

Nothing more to add.

Except...

As for the Mad Max scenario. Unless we can find an alternative to our dependence on oil then we will be screwed. We need fission reactors and an economical method of separating hydrogen from oxygen in water.

No Matt, we need fusion reactors.

I totally, 100% agree with you.

There are a lot more important problems than people covering themselves up to worry about.

We have to end apartheid for one, slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger.

We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women.

We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values.

Most importantly we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

how did nobody else not notice that quote was from American Psycho... :D

Anyway carry on

What about someone with hypertrichosis who rides a motorbike and wears a niqab and arrives on a foggy day wearing sunglasses?

Should they be allowed to buy a Ginsters steak slice and a copy of Razzle or should the garage make them shave and take it all off?

Anyway carry on

Oi!

I agree entirely. Furthermore, we need better and more affordable care for the elderly. We need to control and find a cure for the AIDS epidemic and we need to improve the quality of education. We also have to crack down on crime and illegal drugs.

But economically we're still a mess. We have to find a way to hold down the inflation rate and reduce the deficit. We also need to provide training and jobs for the unemployed as well as protect existing British jobs from unfair foreign imports. We have to make Britain a leader by promoting economic growth and business expansion.

That's the rest of the quote.

Anyway carry on

Now I'm really worried because it's still something that I would say.:blink:

Off topic: What a tedious book that was. In my opinion, Bret Easton Ellis is a crap writer.