Paper Today....

tony tt

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol the Daily Star. I'm sorry but I can hardly take people seriously if they read that rubbish or The Sunday Express, The Sun etc. At my mates restaurant they have all the newspapers and honestly, some of the B.S that is printed genuinely shocks and angers me.

Dude is right, its not in the Quran but mentioned in the Hadith. Both men and women are have to dress reasonably.

By the burka I'm assuming you mean the covering of the face not just the hair Dude and Tony? The ninja costume is called a Niqaab. It's more of a cultural thing than religious. There aren't that many people wearing them though. Why does the wind you up so much Dude? Lol you crack me up.

If my gal decided to wear a head scarf then I would greatly respect her for it but it would be a bit odd for me. Tbh she would never wear one that drama queen lol.

Muslims and their lifestyles are so much in the limelight now as compared to before 9/11. Its a shame the majority of the Western world's opinion is so negative about us based on the acts of such a tiny minority. I read a figure that 90% of Spaniards distrust Muslims. And the figures for Europe are quite similar.

It's tough times for us mussies: before we getting mauled like in the movie 28 days later I'm gonna stock up on some shotgun shells. BRING IT!

It does not wind me up that Muslim women cover their faces, what winds me up is that the govt let that happen but stop others wearing and doing as they please. It has been said time and time again but if I went to any Muslim country with a female and she wore a mini skirt and low cut top she would prob be arrested, so why do we bend over backwards to accomodate a culture that does not return the favour when we visit their country. Try having a march protesting about something appertaining to western culture in say Iran and you prob will make the news...................................6 inches or so shorter with no need for a new hat you may have bought!!!!

At the end of the day if I wanted to live in a Muslim country I would try and move to one, don't try and turn my country into one. how many Westerners do you see in Muslim countries campaigning for all day drinking????

BTW one of my best pals is Seikh;)

Lol the Daily Star. I'm sorry but I can hardly take people seriously if they read that rubbish or The Sunday Express, The Sun etc. At my mates restaurant they have all the newspapers and honestly, some of the B.S that is printed genuinely shocks and angers me.

Prob very convinient you do not believe certain things in those papers but will take as gospel other things you WANT to believe in them!!!!!!!!

Prob very convinient you do not believe certain things in those papers but will take as gospel other things you WANT to believe in them!!!!!!!!

He makes a point, have you seen some of the crap that the Star, and the Sun print, along with many other papers. I read most of them as we get them at work.

Its been laws for centuries in these countries that woman dress in such a manner, and if we visit we must apply by there laws,

Likewise when they visit here they must adhere to ours, but where is the law saying that they cant wear them here? It's not us bending over backwards.

Well Dude thats our Government fault that they appear to seemingly bend over for Muslims (which I don't believe is the case). But Dude, you are wrong about about the treatment of Westerners in some Muslim countries. Having lived in Pakistan, prior to 9/11, white people were (and still are) treated with more superiority. When it came to restaurants, hotels, security and prestige, white people were treated more respectfully. Even allowances on strict rules regarding the sale and consumption of alcohol were (and still are) levied.

In regards to strict dress codes, its something very important in Islamic culture not to have womens assets on liberal display. Islamaphobia is rearing its head in a new way which fuels some resentment against certain elements of its culture. But fair enough, if people in this country want to ban the niqab then it should be banned and Muslims but abide by that rule. That is also the rule Islamically.

In regards to newspapers like the Daily star, I'm sorry but its not a case of me being biased that I don't like such publications. They are misinformative and go out of their way to sensationalise news to the extent that they often lie to gain reader attention or control them. Just look at that GTA headline. What a load of toss. Honestly, they are just garbage articles and I would steer clear of them. You don't have to be a genius to work that out. It's like saying Fox News is the epitome of unbiased journalistic integrity.

The govt do more for them in the fear they will get branded a racist. After the July bombings in 2005 it should have been scrapped then for security reasons alone

AFAIK the 7th July bombers weren't wearing any kind of head-dress. I know where you're coming from but taking a hard line such as this might not be helpful to anyone. It would be more sensible to legislate against hoodies IMO: surely more crimes have been committed by hoody-wearing people than than Niqaab-wearing people.

Maybe the reality of what's being reported isn't as bad as the papers make it out to be. Just a thought... ;)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/146352/TOP-GEAR-BURKA-GAFFE/

MOUTHY Jeremy Clarkson sparked outrage by claiming Muslim women wear kinky G-strings under their burkas.

Jezza, 50, confessed on BBC2’s Top Gear he gets distracted by women in burkas when driving because he knows what undies they wear.

He claimed a woman in a burka “fell head over heels” in front of his taxi in London’s Piccadilly and revealed her “red G-string and stockings”.

But Jeremy’s comments on the show, which featured Tom Cruise, 48, and Cameron Diaz, 37, sparked anger among some of the 6.4million viewers.

And there are even fears he could be targeted by fanatics. Last night Muslim preacher Omar Bakri Mohammed, 52, said: “This shows how much hatred he has for Muslims in general, and Muslim women in particular.

“If he speaks about the honour of Muslim women, it requires Muslim people to respond.

“And if he doesn’t apologise he could face Muslim youth attacking him physically.”

One viewer complained: “Clarkson’s blokish flirtations with taste are getting increasingly questionable.” Another said: “I think Jeremy went too far this time – it was both offensive and disrespectful to Muslim women.”

Family values group Mediawatch said: “He should learn to keep quiet – every time he opens his mouth he upsets someone.”

Jeremy made his comments while discussing the “dangers of summer driving” with co-hosts James May, 47, and Richard Hammond, 40.

Hammond claimed the G-string incident “did not happen”. Jeremy replied: “I promise you, it did happen. The taxi driver will back me up.”

But sceptical May cut in: “Yes you saw it all right – on DVD or pay per view.”

The BBC said it had received seven complaints. Meanwhile Top Gear bosses have denied that the laps Cruise and Diaz completed on the show were fixed.

They took the top two spots on the leaderboard in the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car feature.

Some viewers said it was a fiddle but executive producer Andy Wilman said: “We’re listening to armchair experts who don’t know a thing. The times were accurate.”

So what do they wear?

On a personal note I dont like full cover face veils and dont really think it has a place in this country. However I cant see anything wrong with the full robe (unsure what you would term it) and a headscarf showing the face if people want to follow a relegion. It's not like the burkah has anything to do with relegion anyway.

Another analogy... would you go to a meeting with your bank manager wearing dark sunglasses? I would hazard a guess no, but glasses? sure no problem.

The Daily Star. You gotta wonder about people that use that as a reliable news source. Anyhow, why is it that papers like that (Sun and The Mirror etc) always feel the need to put a persons age in the text?

What does that do? Do they think it legitimises the rubbish that they write? You don't get it with proper newspapers.

It all just reinforces my opinion that just because stupid people can read they really shouldn't.

I came on here brandishing my Lock button and to my utter astonishment it's on the 4th page with no massive slanging match :blink:

This place is going downhill :D No lock from me while it stays sensible :cool:

More importantly, was the time for Cruise and wossname fixed...? :eyebrows:

Well Dude thats our Government fault that they appear to seemingly bend over for Muslims (which I don't believe is the case). But Dude, you are wrong about about the treatment of Westerners in some Muslim countries. Having lived in Pakistan, prior to 9/11, white people were (and still are) treated with more superiority. When it came to restaurants, hotels, security and prestige, white people were treated more respectfully. Even allowances on strict rules regarding the sale and consumption of alcohol were (and still are) levied.

In regards to strict dress codes, its something very important in Islamic culture not to have womens assets on liberal display. Islamaphobia is rearing its head in a new way which fuels some resentment against certain elements of its culture. But fair enough, if people in this country want to ban the niqab then it should be banned and Muslims but abide by that rule. That is also the rule Islamically.

In regards to newspapers like the Daily star, I'm sorry but its not a case of me being biased that I don't like such publications. They are misinformative and go out of their way to sensationalise news to the extent that they often lie to gain reader attention or control them. Just look at that GTA headline. What a load of toss. Honestly, they are just garbage articles and I would steer clear of them. You don't have to be a genius to work that out. It's like saying Fox News is the epitome of unbiased journalistic integrity.

I spent some time in Morroco and was treated very well but trust me that can all change very quickly, the couple caught petting on the beach in Saudi were locked up straight away, we can do that in the UK didn't wash there did it, I'm not talking about getting served in a restaurant as you well know, how many christian churches do you see in Iran/Iraq etc compared to the amount of Mosques being built here. Some parts of the country are virtually no go if you are not Muslim.

On a personal note I dont like full cover face veils and dont really think it has a place in this country. However I cant see anything wrong with the full robe (unsure what you would term it) and a headscarf showing the face if people want to follow a relegion. It's not like the burkah has anything to do with relegion anyway.

Another analogy... would you go to a meeting with your bank manager wearing dark sunglasses? I would hazard a guess no, but glasses? sure no problem.

If you walk in a bank with a burka/niqab thingy you will prob get served, walk in with a crash helmet and the screens will prob shoot up, you can't wear a hoody in bluewater but you can wear a niqab, not saying I like hoodies but its wrong.