The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ear bunged up after using otex

ManwithSupra

Yes I have. And I was impressed to find the wax inside the candle afterwards. However, the fact that the following day my ears didn't feel any different, lead me to have them checked at the Doctors surgery. They were still full of wax, so I used olive oil and had them syringed.

This lead me to try the candle outside of an ear, burning it in a jar. I found just as much wax in the candle afterwards as when I'd used one in my ear.

Have a read of this:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/candling.html

Thanks. I had a bit of a google after your first post about them not working - all kinds of horror stories out there about house fires and all sorts! A chap at work recommended them to me a month or so ago and I tried it and they definitely helped. However, I'm now thinking that was just the warmth softening some of the wax and then me getting it out on my own afterwards. I didn't have any major serious wax problem though (just some discomfort and "water in the ear feeling").

I'm not a candle practitioner or anything weird like that so I don't need convincing they don't work. My bbs membership has saved me buying any more now - well worth the tenner :D