The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Farnborough Airshow 2010

Lbm

I'm off to Farnborough Airshow this Sunday. (It's been on throughout the week)

Managed to get my family in for nothing as we know people who know people who don't know us at all :D

Looking forward to it and I'll be taking my camera to grab some hopefully focused shots :)

See the link below for details, but in the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing, hearing and of course feeling these:

F16, F18, F22, Typoon, Vulcan plus the historic flights and of course the Red Devils and Red Arrows.

Even one of Ed's Chinooks will make an appearance.

There's also going to be the Airbus A380 and A400m.

And there will be aeroplanes with propellers too.

I don't think I've been to a show since I was 14 or 15 years old and I've decided to become quite exited about this.

http://www.farnborough.com/Site/Content/Farnborough2010/default.aspx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vulcan flew over Guildford on Monday, heading that way!

When I was little, my local village was near a US base, and they got on very well (some of the service guys lived there). So for the village fete every year, they used to have an airshow.

I'll never forget a Vulcan coming over our house at about 500 feet. Took ages to pick everything up again! :D

Also used to go to the PFA Rally at Cranfield back in the day. Now that was something. Little airfield where everybody descended for one weekend - I believe it used to be the second biggest rally in the whole world. The record there was 1900 aircraft! The end of the weekend really was a spectacle - the planes would be queued up trying to leave, and they'd be launching them 2 or 3 at a time over the space of several hours. The Tower ATC guys must have been exhausted!

You lucky guy mate.

Are you sure I can't persuade you to adopt me. I'd make a great son.

Please post up some nice pics, particularly of the 109s.

I really wanted to go to this :(

Ed, I adopted you over a year ago.

I watch over you every night :blink::D

Great show but havent been for years unfortunately.

Last w'end 6 red arrows flew over my house in 2 formations of 3. I was polishing in the garage and literally felt the ground shaking, i popped outside and they absolutely (trying to think of a good word here) 'hammered' it past so low, i could have definetly hit them with the airrifle :) It was awesome :D

There's a video of the F22 coming into land at RAF Fairford a few weekends ago. Its amazing to watch as all the control surfaces moves so violently trying to keep the aircraft under control. Just shows how these modern aircraft depend on fly-by wire and computer aided flight to stay airborne.

I've said it many times before (so sorry, but its my only claim to fame),..

I was at Fairford 1993 when these two collided

Was this the accident where the one of the Russian Pilots parachuted down, landed and stolled off having a fag, all on TV etc - very cool :D

I like that :)