The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geometry question

L18msy

My boss has recently bought a four wheel alignment machine which ive decided to check out how the supra is sitting. The car is lowered quite a bit and it sits on a set of 19"s which are of correct offset.

My question is do i set it up to the standard settings that are stored on the computer or is there a modified setting which is recommended due to the mods done?

The reason i ask is that we have a vauxhall monaro in the garage just now which the guy put into a field doing a fair bit of damage all round the vehicle,we did the geometry set up according to the machine. The guy came in today for an update on his car and we went through everything we have done so far including the geo set up. The guy gave us a sheet with another set up different from standard as apparently they have wandering issues at speed when you modify the suspension, so we have to put it back to his settings.

So just wondered if anyone could shed some light before i get stuck in, thanks in advance.

Was looking for something like this :) Mine are wearing on the inside edge and it's a nightmare in the wet.

Anyone know of any reputable alignment companies in a 20-30 mile radius of Bedford (Northampton, Milton Keynes etc)?

Also, I have some lowering springs to fit, should I wait to do the geo after fitment or will it not matter?

Was looking for something like this :) Mine are wearing on the inside edge and it's a nightmare in the wet.

Anyone know of any reputable alignment companies in a 20-30 mile radius of Bedford (Northampton, Milton Keynes etc)?

Also, I have some lowering springs to fit, should I wait to do the geo after fitment or will it not matter?

fit your springs..

then visit.

Northampton Motorsport.

Geometry is NOT an easy thing to just pick up and learn sadly. Ive been working with a John Bean Visualiner at work for the past 2 years and im still learning now. Our machine can be set up to do modified vehicles but unless you have some idea of what your doing, and i mean a proper idea, then stick with the factory presets.