The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about this?

Havard

Lot of car for the money isn't it.

Still not found that big single of your dreams yet? :)

I have been looking for a VVTi for about 3 months and getting sick of looking now. The M3 was looking favourite a week or so ago and then I saw this.

There is someone viewing it tonight though. If it's still available tomorrow then I'll have a trip down and get the cheque book out....:D

You only live once...:innocent:

H.

I have been looking for a VVTi for about 3 months and getting sick of looking now. The M3 was looking favourite a week or so ago and then I saw this.

There is someone viewing it tonight though. If it's still available tomorrow then I'll have a trip down and get the cheque book out....:D

You only live once...:innocent:

H.

Do it! :D

They are lovely Havard, powerful but does not feel raw like the Supra.

Very classy cars though!

The build on them is not as bad as made out. Infact they are extremely solid.

They did used to suffer with faulty roof motors, which was one of the biggest problems with the earlier models. Not a cheap fix, so check to see if rectified.

Very nice cars, I'm looking at possibly getting an SL55.

They appear to be actually quite reliable and servicing costs not too bad. It's a big old unsophisticated V8, that appears to be pretty bullet proof (both in the 500 and 55). The did suffer from problems with leaky roofs early on, but any with that problem will have more than likely already had that sorted now.

One of the more expensive items to fix is apparently the fancy electronic suspension, which I presume will be the same on the 500 as well.

My dad had one of these from new, I got to drive it a few times. They're pretty well put together, he didn't have many problems with his. Although they are fast, they're pretty boring to drive, everything just seems very remote/removed.

He replaced it with the current Jag XKR, which was a far superior car in almost every respect.