The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ghostly Experience

benkei

I'm so fed up of seriously long posts full of crap, and Beast a word of warning don't try and go up against tanhauser, you will not win!

Win? Who's talking about winning anything? My goal is simply to be understood. That would do for me but the will doesn't seem to be there!

:blink:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you're so clever, you've named some trial buzz words, top marks.

I can't even be bothered to reply to you, you're so tainted and only after proving everyone that 'challenges' you wrong. I'm out. Good luck with your negative cancer thoughts.

Oh and FYI - I don't work for a drug company, I work for the NHS.

I can't even be bothered to reply to you, you're so tainted and only after proving everyone that 'challenges' you wrong. I'm out. Good luck with your negative cancer thoughts.

OOPS! Sorry but if using the correct terminology is a fault, then I'm guilty as charged. Am I supposed to be stupid? Did I miss a meeting? :blink:

Sorry. Of course, I'm unique in having an educated opinion. I should really avoid those. It's a bad habit, I know.

Negative? What could be more positive than revealing the truth, in the face of such universal deception? It's self-evident.

Also, I never said that you did work for a drug company but it sounded like it and my comments were not aimed at upsetting you Charlotte but to answer the questions that you asked me. Is that also being too clever?

It's an emotive subject, though off topic, sorry.

That's their right. ;)

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people whom we despise, we don't believe in it atall".

Noam Chomsky

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their opinion but when your opinion is so out of whack with everone else's is it not then time to think perhaps that you might be wrong?

Dont you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyqo92pB7Sc

:D, repeating it killed it though, only one i could find hehe

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their opinion but when your opinion is so out of whack with everone else's is it not then time to think perhaps that you might be wrong?

Misplaced perhaps yes.

Wrong because others disagree? What sort of logic is that?

At the risk of sounding trite,

"Even when you are in a minority of one, the truth is the truth."

Ghandi.

Misplaced perhaps yes.

Ghandi.

Dude i dont think anyone cares anymore, just give it up. Seriously, seeing you post mile long posts is just getting annoying for me now. :taped:

Misplaced perhaps yes.

Ghandi.

It does sound trite tbh. No, not wrong because others disagree, wrong because most disagree. You of all people must know that what the majority believe IS the truth. ;)

Seems alot of arguing going on in this post and a lot of things copied out of a book...haha bit of copy and paste going on in them long posts maybe....

Anyway in my house we had a funny thing (not saying it's ghosts) My miss's was upstairs and my mate was downstairs, he walked by my breakfast bar and got a cold shiver. A pretty bad one as i saw it. No more than two minutes later when me and my friend were sitting down my miss's came down and walked past the exact same spot and got the EXACT same shiver. Not saying its ghosts but that was very weird to say the least. We hadn't told her about his shiver obv so i was pretty freaked

Blimey, that sounds like something out of Lord Of The Rings!

The trees have had enough! In that case, I'm done for, as I'm a Joiner/Cabinetmaker! :blink:

The clues are there. I was so tired my vision was blurring. There are no monsters.

Prove it.

Prove what ? That theres more money in a cure for cancer than can be made from cancer sufferers ? That there is no conspiracy by the Pharmis to prolong the suffering for profit ? Thats what I believe. You believe otherwise. Or at least you purport to....

I think your problem is that most people on here think you're a moron.:D

I don't think you're a moron, but I do think you are a troll. A very good one too. Buying a Supra was inspired, although the less generous than I could suggest that even your taste in Supras is designed to divide and disrupt.

Hows that for an unreasoned conspiracy theory.

Seems alot of arguing going on in this post and a lot of things copied out of a book...haha bit of copy and paste going on in them long posts maybe....

Anyway in my house we had a funny thing (not saying it's ghosts) My miss's was upstairs and my mate was downstairs, he walked by my breakfast bar and got a cold shiver. A pretty bad one as i saw it. No more than two minutes later when me and my friend were sitting down my miss's came down and walked past the exact same spot and got the EXACT same shiver. Not saying its ghosts but that was very weird to say the least. We hadn't told her about his shiver obv so i was pretty freaked

Perhaps you got the A/C turned up at that spot? :D

The clues are there. I was so tired my vision was blurring. There are no monsters.

Prove what ? That theres more money in a cure for cancer than can be made from cancer sufferers ? That there is no conspiracy by the Pharmis to prolong the suffering for profit ? Thats what I believe. You believe otherwise. Or at least you purport to....

I don't think you're a moron, but I do think you are a troll. A very good one too. Buying a Supra was inspired, although the less generous than I could suggest that even your taste in Supras is designed to divide and disrupt.

Hows that for an unreasoned conspiracy theory.

The cure lies in the prevention as well so the market would eventually dry up, all things being well. Then where's the money? Cancer was practically unheard of a hundred years ago and a clue might be to study 'Indigenous People's' who rarely get it. ;) All old news. I mean, how many people smoke or eat crap everyday? You just can't help some people.

Honestly, I don't even know what a Troll is except from the Three Billy Goats Gruff story at school. Seriously. I've heard the term of course but disrupt? For what? You don't need my help to disrupt anything from what I've seen! ;)

I don't understand the argument behind the cancer-drug company conspiracy.

It seems to me that drug companies, like other businesses, are in competition with one another. A company that can bring a drug effective against one or more forms of cancer will be at an advantage relative to its competitors.

I also don't understand how a company suppressing an anti-cancer drug is helping itself. People develop cancer, and will do continue to do so, so there will always be a market-place for palliative drugs.

I suppose your scenario might work if you were talking about anti-cancer vaccines. You might argue that preventing someone from developing cancer in the first place would cut into drug company profits from treatment of cancer. But I can still think of a number of problems with this:

1) Again, a company that could develop a treatment to prevent cancer occurring would have a massive revenue stream at the expense of its rivals. Using your Kwik-Fit analogy, if they could develop the indestructible tyre, then that's what they would swap over to selling, and they would have the market to themselves.

2) We know that anti-cancer vaccines have been developed. That Gardasil stuff used against cervical cancer was developed by Mercx.

3) It doesn't fit in with the rest of medical history. Where was the conspiracy to prevent the treatment of other highly profitable diseases: TB, polio, smallpox and so on?

Another problem with the Big Pharma scenario is that it neglects the role of publicly funded cancer research, and the flow of scientists to and fro between public and private sphere. It's difficult to see how a discovery of this scale would not be leaked, especially given that the person making the discovery would be showered with accolades, research grants and so on. They would be very motivated to share their success with the world.

Regarding my posts, I could do it all day long, every day. I also realise that people prefer one liner's but it's tough to make my point that way. I don't copy and paste anyone's material except when I say so or pics or vid links and I still haven't got that down. I could do it realtime by PM if you like?

Name a subject that I've commented on or anything to do with politics or religion or money or health or the afterlife or extraterrestrials or computers or cars or healing or .......just not Maths!

To repeat, my older brother is a Physics Professor and I got grade 1 in school myself, though 'only' a C.S.E as they were then. I'm the stupid one! (Nods allround ;)).

He's so clever that he even taught me algebra. Superb teacher. Very proud of him, even though we don't get along because he won't listen to a word I say! :D

Cancer was practically unheard of a hundred years ago and a clue might be to study 'Indigenous People's' who rarely get it.

On the contrary, cancer has been 'heard of' throughout history.

Drawing conclusions about cancer rates in different ethnic groups is fraught with problems. The most obvious being that death rates for other factors are often higher than in the west. So,for example, death rates from cancer may be very low in many African states, because high infant mortality, infectious diseases, diarrhoea-related disorders and malnutrition carry many off before they can develop cancer.

The cure lies in the prevention as well so the market would eventually dry up, all things being well. Then where's the money?

A cure for cancer would be worth billions. Strangely enough, even after cancer was wiped out completely.

Cancer was practically unheard of a hundred years ago and a clue might be to study 'Indigenous People's' who rarely get it.

Assuming you get your astounding knowledge by reading stuff, there is other stuff that is available to read that suggests equally convincingly that cancer in mankind has been around since mankind began. And animals too.

My last cat died from cancer. Damn those greedy surreptitious pet pill makers.

Honestly, I don't even know what a Troll is except from the Three Billy Goats Gruff story at school. Seriously. I've heard the term of course but disrupt? For what? You don't need my help to disrupt anything from what I've seen! ;)

Crap...I've just realised I'm feeding you.

I don't understand the argument behind the cancer-drug company conspiracy.

It seems to me that drug companies, like other businesses, are in competition with one another. A company that can bring a drug effective against one or more forms of cancer will be at an advantage relative to its competitors.

I also don't understand how a company suppressing an anti-cancer drug is helping itself. People develop cancer, and will do continue to do so, so there will always be a market-place for palliative drugs.

I suppose your scenario might work if you were talking about anti-cancer vaccines. You might argue that preventing someone from developing cancer in the first place would cut into drug company profits from treatment of cancer. But I can still think of a number of problems with this:

1) Again, a company that could develop a treatment to prevent cancer occurring would have a massive revenue stream at the expense of its rivals. Using your Kwik-Fit analogy, if they could develop the indestructible tyre, then that's what they would swap over to selling, and they would have the market to themselves.

2) We know that anti-cancer vaccines have been developed. That Gardasil stuff used against cervical cancer was developed by Mercx.

3) It doesn't fit in with the rest of medical history. Where was the conspiracy to prevent the treatment of other highly profitable diseases: TB, polio, smallpox and so on?

Another problem with the Big Pharma scenario is that it neglects the role of publicly funded cancer research, and the flow of scientists to and fro between public and private sphere. It's difficult to see how a discovery of this scale would not be leaked, especially given that the person making the discovery would be showered with accolades, research grants and so on. They would be very motivated to share their success with the world.

Thank you for another considered and intelligent reply. My apprentice at work has mentioned a tyre that has been developed that infact never wears out. Now I can't see it myself as it would have to be surfaced with diamonds or something but he's adamant that a much longer lasting one exists but was shelved as it would indeed eventually kill the Golden Goose, so to speak.

Same argument with cancer, as eventually you'd do the same. Now my point is that it's obvious that there has been no effective effort to prevent it or to cure it given the vast sums of money thrown at it.

People will only continue to develop it if they refuse to or cannot take steps to prevent it or environmental toxicity/radiation keeps causing it. You've probably not seen the effects of D.U. on the newborns of Iraq and Afghanistan? You don't want to, trust me.

Convert cars to hydrogen (generated on demand from water, not stored) and clean up other energy producing methods, ban GM crops, pesticides etc. etc. and you'll find that the rates decline from then on out.

I've read reference after reference to various plants having anti-cancer properties, one of which is a favourite of mine eaten raw for decades;

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/broccoli.htm