The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy profec II Boost Warning/Limiter.

Jas

Hello all.

Im a bit confused by the operation of my boost controller.

Cant seem to get the warning or limiter function to work properly... infact im not even sure what the limiter is actually supposed to do!??

Ive had a read through past threads and online instructions but to no real avail. :(

Fist issue is my warning will only very occasionally trip and beep. usually when ive set it very low. anything near 1.5 bar or above and the boost just seems to stream past the warning with the controller only flashing red for a split second. It doesnt however give the full three beeps as it seems to do a whole lot more consistently when i set it very low to test it??... :shrug:

Secondly i cant figure out what the limiter is supposed to be doing? is it supposed to automatically adjusting your set val for you if the warning trips? my set value remains the same - warning tripped or not?

my sups a j-spec BPU on standard twins. Any advice from some one proficient in this would be very appreciated. just want to make sure my controller isnt faulty! the warning and limiter would be nice feature to able to rely on!. at the moment i have my boost set very conservatively and am constantly checking peak hold to see what its doing.

thanks in advance :)

Jas.

Ive just re-read my first post and realised how utterly boring it was to read how devoid of any emotion or humour......

so to try to address the balance, heres an unrelated but none the less amusing (IMO) picture of donkey....

enjoy! (...within reason and within appropriate moral bounds.)

http://www.nerjadonkeysanctuary.com/Funny%20Donkey.jpg

Thanks for the response daman. That does make sense in regards regards to it tripping only when I set the warning very low. Is that 2 seconds mentioned in the manual??

No idea TBH, I cant remember where I read it but I am fairly sure its a sustained amount of time.